Voltage 4005 iN·Command - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2018, 06:39 PM   #1

Utah
Voltage 4005 iN·Command

Hi there,
Bought a new 2017 voltage 4005 left over a few weeks ago, our salesman was not very knowledgeable nor the gentleman that gave us the final walkthrough and the time of pick up.
Most everything is common sense but the in command.
We were told it would control anything with a motor or switch, well it don’t.
I’d like to know if anyone knows what it would take to operate the generator and the landing gear?
Called a few dealers and all I get told is it should but the iN·Command panel don’t even have terminals for neither.
Thanks all👍

Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:15 PM   #2

Florida
Hello Moose, congratulations (I think) on your purchase. lots of folks here have the in command so you should be able to get lots of help *I'm not one of them* but welcome!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:40 PM   #3

Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Hello Moose, congratulations (I think) on your purchase. lots of folks here have the in command so you should be able to get lots of help *I'm not one of them* but welcome!
Thank you👍
Old 07-29-2018, 04:15 AM   #4

Arizona
I’m learning it depends on which one you have, 3 levels. Have you googled it?
Yamaha YXZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:17 AM   #5

Utah
I’ve googled, and googled but with now black and white explanations.
I’m thinking a call to the manufacturer that can explain it to me in terms I can understand will be the ticket.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:46 PM   #6

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I’ve googled, and googled but with now black and white explanations.
I’m thinking a call to the manufacturer that can explain it to me in terms I can understand will be the ticket.
yup! Let us know how that works for you...
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:29 PM   #7

California
Voltage 4005 iN·Command

Guessing here but I don’t think it will control either of those. I have hydraulic leveling and landing gear and a generator and both are not part of the system. Everything that it controls has to be wired through the control board in the storage area.

My landing gear and leveling jacks are operated on their own controller in my storage area. I believe the sales guy told me that hydraulic can’t work on iN·command but possibly electric can. Personally, I prefer the direct controller as opposed to going through iN·command because of the precision I like on a hard switch as opposed to over a (sometimes jinky) Bluetooth connection.

As far as the generator the switch for mine is next to the fuel gauge and you have to hold it to prime it so that the red light either goes on or off (can’t remember for sure) then you can start it. I don’t know how the iN·Command would be able to give that feedback.

Sorry I can’t say for sure but I would guess unless you wanted to go crazy with aftermarket mods to the controller and also figure out how to rewrite their app code so the labels would show up I think you are out of luck.

I do know in the set up mode (gear icon) you can enable and disable toggles for additional tanks such as a third gray, etc., but you can only choose from their options. I don’t see a toggle for landing gear or a generator so my guess is this won’t happen.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:00 PM   #8

Michigan
Hi
I to bought a new 17 left over .mine is a 3890
My in conmand can prime and start my generator from the touch screen .
It also shows me a landing gear button as well .
I haven't used the landing gear button but I have used the the generator function.
When I turn on on key pad the generator function shows up on the right side of the screen .
If it don't try pushing the button with the u turn symbol On it as this will change the pages on the key pad.
Not sure what model I have but I get a chance I will try to see what I have.
Hope this helps
Toolmaker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:37 PM   #9

Utah
Sounds like perhaps the wrong "floorplan" file may be loaded into the In Command system. The floorplan tells the android system what options the coach has and hides or exposes features based on that.

In my case (2017 Voltage 4150), there is a generator setting to prime, start, and stop the generator and it also shows fuel levels for the generator fuel tank and the toy fuel tank.

The only feature for the hydraulic 6 point level system enabled for my system is to raise and lower the front jacks. This allows me from the cab of my truck (with proper connection) via the mobile app (iOS or Android) to raise and lower the pin while connecting and disconnecting the coach from my truck (very handy).

The folks at Jenson are very helpful and should be able to get you fixed up. I have contacted them on occasion to obtain updated system files and have upgraded In Command a few times but am able to retain the floor plan file so everything continues to function properly for my coach. Jenson has done several updates to the Android operating system, the bluetooth receivers, and a few other items via these updates. You download the updates from Jenson and then upload them (firmware update) to the In Command via USB stick. There is a USB port on the bottom of the tablet that you can't see unless you know its there and look for it.

Grizzly660fan is offline   Reply With Quote