Voltage 3905 master slide not working well - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2015, 07:10 PM   #1

Arkansas
Voltage 3905 master slide not working well

Hi all,

I'm trying to troubleshoot my master bedroom slide not coming all the way in sometimes. The motor seems to get weak when it is about 3-4 inches from fully closed. I have tried lubing the slide tracks with the dry lube and it seems to help but it's not 100%. Any tips or tricks to get this working fine again before I bring it back to the dealer?

Eric

EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #2

Florida
Did you see this video on how to lube the slides? you don't lube the tracks like I thought (and as my dealer told me)....

(I assume you have the schwintek system).

The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:02 PM   #3

Arkansas
Thanks Thom,

I didn't see that one. I'll give that a try.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2015, 08:25 PM   #4

California
As a heads up from the video WD40 makes the same stuff & will be cheaper. I got mine off of ebay.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #5

New York
FWIIW - I've read on here to make sure you only run your slides with AC or generator NOT off the battery!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:00 AM   #6

Colorado
AC or Generator is correct. also when running in or out make sure to hold slide button 10 seconds after it comes in or out. This allows motors to re sync and helps stop issues of coming in or going out partially. If stops with 3 or 4 inches left. Put controll module in manual by pressing little button on controller, holding on 7th until lights begin flashing. Then go back in and finish sliding out rest of the way and hold for 10 seconds. This will re sync motors and then should go in and out properly. Just remember to hold that slide button 10 seconds after being fully brought in or out.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #7

North Carolina
Been having the same issue with one of our slides as well. I tried the manual override on the controller and it did not help. Had to apply manual pressure to assist the slide motor in order for it to go out or come back in all of the way.

It appears that there is some slight swelling of the OSB floor of the slide room. The dealer said that it looks like water may be getting in at the white molding that frames the face of the slide due to the caulk separating between the plastic molding and the trailer skin.

Ours is about 10 months out of the factory warranty, but Dutchmen agreed to still cover the repair as a show of good faith. You may want to have the slide floor looked at to see if the OSB is swelling. The dealer is supposed to be replacing the slide floor this week, so I will have to see if that actually resolves the issue or if it is something else.
O2bcruzing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:40 PM   #8

Arkansas
After looking at mine it seems that the bottom of the slide is rubbing on the carpet in the bedroom. I haven't tried the manual process yet. Do you have any tip on where I can read up on it? I sure hope the floor isn't warped.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:01 PM   #9

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcntry13 View Post
AC or Generator is correct. also when running in or out make sure to hold slide button 10 seconds after it comes in or out. This allows motors to re sync and helps stop issues of coming in or going out partially. If stops with 3 or 4 inches left. Put controll module in manual by pressing little button on controller, holding on 7th until lights begin flashing. Then go back in and finish sliding out rest of the way and hold for 10 seconds. This will re sync motors and then should go in and out properly. Just remember to hold that slide button 10 seconds after being fully brought in or out.
Thanks for that information. I gave it a shot but it didn't work. I think the slide is rubbing on the floor.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #10

North Carolina
Look at the underside of the slide when it is extended to see if there are any signs of swelling or damage to the black wrap on the OSB or the rollers. The caulk along the wide plastic trim (picture frame) on the outside of the slide room had separated slightly from the side of the room. Water was seeping down between the trim and the wall and the OSB floor was soaking it up.

Picked it up from the dealer on Monday. They replaced the OSB floor of the slide room with marine grade plywood and used a sheet of stainless steel to weatherproof the bottom side instead of the black wrap. They also had to make some adjustments to the motor columns to get the rollers and gears to engage properly. The slide is working like a champ now, much better than it ever did originally.
O2bcruzing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:46 PM   #11

Tennessee
My main slide floor has fallen victim of water intrusion as well. Its finally starting to raise its ugly head. It had shown slight signs when I bought it. Dealer corrected! Well apparently not and heres the result.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150504_104709.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	2197   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150505_083932.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	2198  
Old 05-20-2015, 05:54 PM   #12

Michigan
I will be taking a close look at mine tonight for this as we pack her up to head out for the weekend.
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:06 PM   #13

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2bcruzing View Post
Look at the underside of the slide when it is extended to see if there are any signs of swelling or damage to the black wrap on the OSB or the rollers. The caulk along the wide plastic trim (picture frame) on the outside of the slide room had separated slightly from the side of the room. Water was seeping down between the trim and the wall and the OSB floor was soaking it up.

Picked it up from the dealer on Monday. They replaced the OSB floor of the slide room with marine grade plywood and used a sheet of stainless steel to weatherproof the bottom side instead of the black wrap. They also had to make some adjustments to the motor columns to get the rollers and gears to engage properly. The slide is working like a champ now, much better than it ever did originally.
I'll go and take a look. I hope Dutchman would cover it for me as well. I have an extended warranty too so that might help. I called the dealer today to make an appointment. How long was yours in the shop?
Old 05-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #14

Florida
Mine has been sitting at CW since first week in April, still waiting for parts from Dutchmen for the same thing.
The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:18 PM   #15

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Mine has been sitting at CW since first week in April, still waiting for parts from Dutchmen for the same thing.
Ugg
Old 05-20-2015, 06:19 PM   #16

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper2b View Post
My main slide floor has fallen victim of water intrusion as well. Its finally starting to raise its ugly head. It had shown slight signs when I bought it. Dealer corrected! Well apparently not and heres the result.
Thanks for the visuals. This will help.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:39 PM   #17

Tennessee
You can see by this straight edge how its swollen. Couldn't really tell by looing until it started delaminating as shown. And that happened when I retracted the slide. When I move to another campsite and extended it back out this is what I saw when hooking up utilities.
I'm one who stays on top of stuff. Apparently this has been a hidden leak since the day it left the factory. Sat in the rain at the dealer for months before I came along now here we are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150504_104724.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	2200  
Old 05-20-2015, 07:32 PM   #18

Arkansas
I went out and looked at mine and put a level up to it to look for drooping. It seems totally fine. I checked up on the roof and it looked good up there too. I lubed the rollers again and after a few tries I was able to get it all the way in. It just seems like the motors are just a tad weak. They have kinda sucked since day 1.