Valve Identification - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2016, 01:12 AM   #1

Utah
Valve Identification

I have winterized RV's most of my adult life so I am quite familiar with the routine. Now that I have bought this 2015 3895 Voltage I have no idea what the BLUE valve lever does on my trailer. Could someone who is familiar with the outside control panel where all the valves and water inlets are let me kow what that does? I have winterized my trailer and I moved the valve to "Winterize" but I have no idea what it does. (or did) Any help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161107_172000.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	3734  

rlp84070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 01:47 AM   #2

Maine
It enables the water pump to pull in from the winterize port below. Everything else should be old hat to you, drain hw tank, low point drains, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

boostme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:01 AM   #3

Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostme View Post
It enables the water pump to full in from the winterize port below. Everything else should be old hat to you, drain hw tank, low point drains, etc.

Perfect, that makes sense. I've always been able to see the valves in the past. Thanks for your help.
rlp84070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:04 AM   #4

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlp84070 View Post
Perfect, that makes sense. I've always been able to see the valves in the past. Thanks for your help.
No problem, this forum was a great resource for me in my Dutchman (lack of) customer service adjustment. I'm glad I can finally return the favors I have received here!

boostme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:00 PM   #5

Texas
Winterize Help

Hello - I am new to this forum and somewhat new to the RV game. I bought a Voltage 3970 and have the same knobs etc as the person above in the picture. I live in TX so it doesn't get too cold, but does freeze some nights. If you have a minute can you walk me through what to do as if I was a rookie not knowing a thing with the same set up as the picture above? I am the type that when I do something one time I never forget, just bought it this summer so haven't had a chance to learn how to winterize. Thank you for anybody that can help. I will be sure to return the favor in the future.
Rauchy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #6

Illinois
Rauchy99, I'm a Florida guy, so I don't winterize, but use the search field here on the site. It's posted a bunch of times, along with photos. Good luck.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:35 PM   #7

Colorado
Rauchy,

I use a brass fitting that is male garden hose and schraeder valve.

I screw it into the city water connection, open all the faucets, and blow compressed air through the system. Don't forget the quick connect hose in the wet cabinet. When all the water has been blown out. Disconnect the compressed air, close all the faucets, then turne the compressed air on again and step on each toilet flush valve to get any water out of those lines.

Now I turn the blue water system valve to winterize and do the same routine again.

Now I open the hot water system relief valve and remove the drain plug.

Let the hot water tank and system drain.

Now move the red hot water winterize valve to "winterize" and blow any remaining water out of the system.

Open a few faucets and allow the water system pump to run until nothing comes out of faucets.

Open the fresh water tank drain valve and the hot and cold water low point drain valves and leave 'em open for a day.

Close all the valves, pour a cup of RV antifreeze into each sink drain and shower drain.

And that's where I call it DONE. Never had a problem...and yeah, here in the foothills of Southern Colorado...it does get cold!'

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:48 PM   #8

Texas
Thank you so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this and map it out a bit for me. Have a good Holiday.

Rauchy99 is offline   Reply With Quote