V3990 - New Owner - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2015, 02:29 PM   #21

Texas
Have a 2014 3990. In the 1 1\2 years we owned it. Have only got to use it about 30 days, rest of the time its in the shop. Every time we use it, we come back to the shop with a list of issues. Right now its sitting in our yard unuseable because of slide issues. Dutchmen are the worst to deal with! Right now we are pursuing the lemon law.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:20 AM   #22

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet overkill View Post
Have a 2014 3990. In the 1 1\2 years we owned it. Have only got to use it about 30 days, rest of the time its in the shop. Every time we use it, we come back to the shop with a list of issues. Right now its sitting in our yard unuseable because of slide issues. Dutchmen are the worst to deal with! Right now we are pursuing the lemon law.
sucks that they are not standing behind their product

jetboatrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:28 AM   #23

Illinois
Nice to see the Illinois boys on the forums!!!! Why no one buying at General Rv? Boought two trailers from them so far, and they have been as good as you can get with a dealer experience as you could get. BUNCH of ridiculous issues that a little QC would've caught. The LACK of detail really shows through, and for the amount we pay for these rigs... they should be along the lines of Airstream Quality!!!!
Old 04-27-2015, 02:17 AM   #24

Illinois
General was our first stop when we decided on a Voltage. Salesman left a bad taste in our mouth. Would not give me a firm price. Said it was his job to get me to pay the most I would be willing to pay. I may give them a second chance for service down the road.
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:26 AM   #25

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
Said it was his job to get me to pay the most I would be willing to pay. I may give them a second chance for service down the road.
You should have bought my trailer. It is beautiful and in perfect condition with a ton of extras. Could be had cheap!
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:49 AM   #26

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushin4u View Post
Nice to see the Illinois boys on the forums!!!! Why no one buying at General Rv? Boought two trailers from them so far, and they have been as good as you can get with a dealer experience as you could get. BUNCH of ridiculous issues that a little QC would've caught. The LACK of detail really shows through, and for the amount we pay for these rigs... they should be along the lines of Airstream Quality!!!!
Funny you, mention General, as they had our business until they could not close the deal. Sales manager is an ...........and missed the chance to take our money the sales man Kris, I have no issues with
Old 04-27-2015, 03:50 AM   #27

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
General was our first stop when we decided on a Voltage. Salesman left a bad taste in our mouth. Would not give me a firm price. Said it was his job to get me to pay the most I would be willing to pay. I may give them a second chance for service down the road.
why go back if you were not happy? General is the last place I would go on any future purchases
Old 04-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #28
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushin4u View Post
Got news for you... Airstream has major QC issues too. Maybe not to the extent that Dutchmen has, but they have their fair share of issues. And people really get upset when they pay over $90,000 for a Classic and things fail and fall apart. That doesn't include known design flaws that cause floors to rot out, filiform corrosion of panels, etc.

I have had a couple of older Airstreams, they are neat and unusual. The only advantage that I could see was the fact the top and ribs were very durable so they could be torn down and completely rebuilt. And they tow extremely well for a given size. The newer ones are too heavy in my opinion.

I have done a massive amount of research and poking and prodding of RV's over the years, in the current market the best built units, IMHO are Lance, Arctic Fox, Oliver and a couple of others. Every now and again you will get a reasonably well put together unit from one of the big boys, but is seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

We are going to be buying a slightly larger TT in the next 2-3 years, Lance is leading the pack at the moment. We had discussed going back to Airstream, but I am not convinced it is nearly as good a value as the Lance.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:41 AM   #29

Illinois
lcv800 and jetboatrich... our first experience was a very good one with an outback 250rs... salesman was ok...ish... but then again I did ALL the research myself, knew more than the salesman, and bought the unit outright. This experience has not been to hot...delt with the voltage product manager Michael Hendrich at the show and basically had a worker ant do the paperwork. the salesman Charlie told me the unit was ready and ready to pick-up... so scheduled to pick-up the next day and that WAS NOT enough time for the minions to go through it!!!! ALOT of the issues are cosmetic and could've been taken avoided with more time. I would have been ok with another couple of days if that meant less issues to deal with. I don't like the whole buying of an RV at all... having said that, General is only an hour away and that is worth its weight in gold to me for major service.