V3605 Grey Water Tank Questions - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #1

South Dakota
V3605 Grey Water Tank Questions

I've done a forum search and read through the manual - no joy.

I'm a little (?) confused about the grey water tank connections/valves/gauges on our V3605.

I think we understand the black water and grey water dumps in the convenience center on the port side. Dump the black water, use the sani-flush to clean out the black tank and then dump the grey water to clean out the slinky - got it!

IIRC, we were told the second set of slide valves toward the rear on the port side were for the black water and grey water for the half-bath in the garage. We haven't used the back bathroom at all, but now the 'bath 2 grey water' gauge is showing 1/3 full.

Our 'kitchen grey' gauge always shows empty, even though we've gone for almost a week without dumping. I'm assuming the kitchen grey is tied into the 'bath 1 grey water' tank and the reading I get on the 'bath 1 grey water' gauge shows the level of the tank that holds the output from the kitchen sink and the front bath grey water.

Can someone familiar with the V3605 shed some light on this for us, please?

2003 H-D FLHP/2010 H-D FXDC
xhogboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:09 PM   #2

Texas
I've tried several different combo's with mine, both boondocking and full hook ups.

So to your point, yes, the grey and black pull handles on your utilities panel are for the kitchen sink, shower, master sink/toilet (black). I keep my hose connected to the front cleanout all the time with the grey water valves open, black valve closed. If you leave it open, your tank will continuously empty but you'll get poo vapor coming back up. NOT good.

Your rear connection is strictly for the rear toilet and sink. I usually just hook my hose to it prior to leaving, it's never gotten that full that I've had to dump (3-4) day trips with light usage.

The Saniflush works awesome for me, I let it run a good while in both tanks and I have a see thru elbow that lets me know when it's running clear.

All my gauges read different, and I don't put much stake in them to be accurate. I usually go out every morning and pull my front black tank handle just to dump what's collected the day before.

2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic '07 Heritage Softail 2011 Polaris Sportsman 550 EPS
jonthefireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:29 PM   #3

Iowa
To me the pull handles behind the control door are the front bath black tank and the front bath shower sink grey tank. Then underneath behind the front drain connect is the kitchen grey water tank. The rear pull handle next to the rear drain connect is the rear bath black tank. What I'm not sure of is if the rear sink drains into the rear blank tank or goes into the kitchen grey tank. Maybe I'm confused here too? Anyone know correct answer?
dougs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #4

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs2 View Post
To me the pull handles behind the control door are the front bath black tank and the front bath shower sink grey tank. Then underneath behind the front drain connect is the kitchen grey water tank. The rear pull handle next to the rear drain connect is the rear bath black tank. What I'm not sure of is if the rear sink drains into the rear blank tank or goes into the kitchen grey tank. Maybe I'm confused here too? Anyone know correct answer?
Yes, I forgot to mention that there is a knife gate valve underneath the slide for the kitchen sink that must be opened too. The handle in the utility compartment is just for the shower/bath sink. And to my knowledge, the rear bath sink drains into the black tank with the toilet.
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic '07 Heritage Softail 2011 Polaris Sportsman 550 EPS
Old 07-21-2014, 09:53 PM   #5

Iowa
Ok good to know where does the washing machine drain to?
Old 07-22-2014, 01:55 AM   #6

Texas
When I had the fireplace out you could plainly see the plumbing for the washer which runs behind the fireplace towards the kitchen. All signs point to the grey water tank, but I can't swear to it as I've never used it.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:45 AM   #7

Iowa
Thanks Jon that's what I figured.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:21 AM   #8

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhogboss View Post
I've done a forum search and read through the manual - no joy.

I'm a little (?) confused about the grey water tank connections/valves/gauges on our V3605.

I think we understand the black water and grey water dumps in the convenience center on the port side. Dump the black water, use the sani-flush to clean out the black tank and then dump the grey water to clean out the slinky - got it!

IIRC, we were told the second set of slide valves toward the rear on the port side were for the black water and grey water for the half-bath in the garage. We haven't used the back bathroom at all, but now the 'bath 2 grey water' gauge is showing 1/3 full.

Our 'kitchen grey' gauge always shows empty, even though we've gone for almost a week without dumping. I'm assuming the kitchen grey is tied into the 'bath 1 grey water' tank and the reading I get on the 'bath 1 grey water' gauge shows the level of the tank that holds the output from the kitchen sink and the front bath grey water.

Can someone familiar with the V3605 shed some light on this for us, please?
I have the 3950 and in the convienence center box the black is for the main bathroom and the gray is for the main bathroom shower and sink. On the frame before the axles, that is for the kitchen sink and the 2nd bathroom sink. (at least that is what the dealer told me) then the back blank tank is probably self explanitory.

2011 Ford F-350 Dually
2014 Voltage 3950
Hazerdous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:23 AM   #9

Mississippi
When I had the clear elbows connected at both locations and connected to city water and ran water in 1/2 bath sink it finally started flowing out of back drain valve, so that tells me the rear sink drain ties into the rear toilet drain. Would have rather it drained to kitchen sink drain!
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:08 AM   #10

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
When I had the clear elbows connected at both locations and connected to city water and ran water in 1/2 bath sink it finally started flowing out of back drain valve, so that tells me the rear sink drain ties into the rear toilet drain. Would have rather it drained to kitchen sink drain!
Next time I'm out I will try the same. got me thinking now

2011 Ford F-350 Dually
2014 Voltage 3950
Hazerdous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:12 AM   #11

South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
That might explain why the Bath 2 Grey gauge showed a reading and the Kitchen Grey did not.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #12

California
I was told in my PDI that the rear sink drained into the rear black tank. Kitchen & washer drains into the bath 2 gray tank. I did find on my vacation this past three weeks that the gray tanks readings are reversed.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:47 AM   #13

South Dakota
Thanks to all for the info. I got some 'sperimenting' to do when I get back to the rig for sure.

Tags
dump valves, grey water, water gauges