V3605 A/C Fan Noise and Heater ?? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2014, 02:34 AM   #1

South Dakota
V3605 A/C Fan Noise and Heater ??

The fans in the living room and bedroom are loud! They move a lot of air, but it's a challenge to hold a conversation when either one is on. Is this normal or are ours 'special'?

And is the overhead fan supposed to come on when you run the heater?

2003 H-D FLHP/2010 H-D FXDC
xhogboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:32 AM   #2

Louisiana
How is the living room AC ducted in your v3605? Do you have the two rectangular air intakes towards to sides of your ceiling or the large square box in the middle? I have the two smaller intakes and the AC in the living room is very quiet. The front bedroom is another story. Very loud, especially with the vents open, but I like loud white noise when I sleep, so no worries for me.

Yes the fan does run when you have the heater on. I asked the same question here about a year ago when I first got my camper, but didn't get any answers. I've just accepted that it is programmed to run to help circulate the warm air. Hot air rises, and with the 10' tall ceilings in the living area, I guess the fan helps push some of that warm air back down.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:25 AM   #3

Tennessee
Are you saying when you run the furnace the ac fan is blowing? Mine dont do that... of course I have the 3200 which may be wired differently. Interesting
Old 07-11-2014, 02:00 PM   #4

South Dakota
No side vents on the LR A/C unit - large rectangular slotted grill (return air, I assume) and smaller grill that resembles a standard HVAC register. I'm thinking that one is the supply.

Yes, with heater 'on', LR A/C fan runs. Makes sense, I suppose to push the hot air down from the ceiling.
2003 H-D FLHP/2010 H-D FXDC
xhogboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #5

Montana
My TT thermostat has an "auto" setting for fan. When that is selected, the AC fan will come on along with the furnace to aid in air circulation. When the fan setting is something else ("Low" or "High") then the AC fan does not come on with the furnace. Or something like that! That is just from memory, I have it set on whatever keeps the AC fan off and we are never at a campground with hookups to confirm. The dealer went over that during the PDI and I recall toying with that feature while parked at home. The thermostat instructions also go over it I believe.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #6

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewarnerusa View Post
My TT thermostat has an "auto" setting for fan. When that is selected, the AC fan will come on along with the furnace to aid in air circulation. When the fan setting is something else ("Low" or "High") then the AC fan does not come on with the furnace. Or something like that! That is just from memory, I have it set on whatever keeps the AC fan off and we are never at a campground with hookups to confirm. The dealer went over that during the PDI and I recall toying with that feature while parked at home. The thermostat instructions also go over it I believe.
Learn something everyday.... I'll have to check that out... once weather starts getting cold again.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:41 AM   #7

Mississippi
I guess you could run the gas furnace and then set the digital thermostat to fan mode at said temperature.

lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote