using our tvs - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-04-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Rogers
Posts: 3
Arkansas
using our tvs

Our toyhauler has 4 tvs. HELP cant figure out how to use them all.
__________________

lmf64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:29 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Desert Hot Springs
Posts: 1,760
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmf64 View Post
Our toyhauler has 4 tvs. HELP cant figure out how to use them all.
What do you mean by can't use them all? What model Toyhauler do you have. I know the DVD doesn't play on the bedroom TV in mine. Other models are different.
__________________

__________________
Mike
2002 42' Monaco Signature Triple Crown tow 2014 F-150
2014 Voltage V3605 Sold 5/3/17
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:33 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
kalm_in_NJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Edison
Posts: 104
New Jersey
Holy smokes! 4 tow vehicles...

ok ok I know. Televisions. Heh heh. So what's the trouble with them?

Ken
__________________
Ken & Lin-Marie
2013 Chevy Traverse + Factory Tow Package
2014 Coleman LT CTS16QB + Anti-Sway Hitch
High-Energy JRT (Jack Russell Terrier)
kalm_in_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:03 AM   #4
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,139
North Carolina
I will be of no help.. I have one television and I have only mounted it once. Don't watch them at home much and even less when camping. Camping is for eating, napping, socializing, eating and napping.

Aaron
__________________
There is madness to my methods
2015 Coleman CM16FBS(traded) 2016 Concord 300DS
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:15 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Abingdon
Posts: 11
Virginia
I thought camping was mostly for beer drinking
Robsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:16 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Omaha
Posts: 51
Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsco View Post
I thought camping was mostly for beer drinking
This.
Chaz Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:52 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oxnard
Posts: 188
California
Our 2015 3800 has 4 TVs also and I had the same question. There is no info provided and the dealers don't know. Answer: the roof antenna and the side rv park coax hookup both feed the winegard amp. The bedroom and outside TV locations have two jacks. The one hooked up to the TV by the factory comes from the winegard. (The other one comes from the patch panel on the wall to the right of the DVD). I went thru all 4 tvs while connected to an rv park coax and the antenna up too. The Haier tvs each need time to scan all available channels on both air, then cable. Hope this helps!
VCToyhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:51 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
CDMEY3600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Leonardtown
Posts: 50
Maryland
If your TV's all display "No Signal" when hooked up to cable it could be that the cable signal is digital and your televisions to not have the digital tuner in them. I had this problem at a recent camp ground and had to use the digital converter box that the camp ground provided. While that worked it was a PITA as each television required its own converter box. Any one else wondering why our new trailers have outdated televisions in them?
__________________

Curt and Dee

2015 Voltage 3600, Yel/Blk/Slvr Full Body Paint
2013 GMC 3500 Dually with Duramax
CDMEY3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:49 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dalzell
Posts: 707
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMEY3600 View Post
If your TV's all display "No Signal" when hooked up to cable it could be that the cable signal is digital and your televisions to not have the digital tuner in them. I had this problem at a recent camp ground and had to use the digital converter box that the camp ground provided. While that worked it was a PITA as each television required its own converter box. Any one else wondering why our new trailers have outdated televisions in them?
Wow! Digital TV became the norm in 2009! If I bought any TV, or a camper with a TV inside that was analog anytime after 2010, I'd be mad! Especially a 2015!
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:46 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 183
Oklahoma
I think this is a "new" digital signal, which basically has all the channels moved into a channel range that is higher than some TV'S will go. My cable company at home is telling me the same thing, that I will need a converter box if my new Sony is hooked directly to the cable. But if I already have the cable box and DVR, then I am ok. Cable companies are always scrambling things up so they can sell or rent you another box to unscramble their signal.
__________________
2010 F-450
2013 Voltage 3905
macman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:08 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canon City
Posts: 861
Colorado
Don't think for a minute the Haier TVs that come in Voltage trailers are anything more than junk.

My bedroom TV had such a poor picture, dark shadows that left one almost unable to see the picture, that I junked it and put in a Vizio TV. It works fantastic.

The TVs in the garage and outdoor have a good picture...but if the picture starts to go...into the trash it goes and I get another Vizio!

Oh, and the dealer said the bedroom TV picture was "within spec". Wonder who's spec they're talking about?

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:04 PM   #12
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,139
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Don't think for a minute the Haier TVs that come in Voltage trailers are anything more than junk.

My bedroom TV had such a poor picture, dark shadows that left one almost unable to see the picture, that I junked it and put in a Vizio TV. It works fantastic.

The TVs in the garage and outdoor have a good picture...but if the picture starts to go...into the trash it goes and I get another Vizio!

Oh, and the dealer said the bedroom TV picture was "within spec". Wonder who's spec they're talking about?

Pirate
Something to ALWAYS keep in mind... they used parts from the lowest bidder to maximize profits! Tires, Televisions, Refrigerators, fasteners, axles and the list goes on and on.

Aaron
__________________
There is madness to my methods
2015 Coleman CM16FBS(traded) 2016 Concord 300DS
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:56 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
CDMEY3600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Leonardtown
Posts: 50
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by macman83 View Post
I think this is a "new" digital signal, which basically has all the channels moved into a channel range that is higher than some TV'S will go. My cable company at home is telling me the same thing, that I will need a converter box if my new Sony is hooked directly to the cable. But if I already have the cable box and DVR, then I am ok. Cable companies are always scrambling things up so they can sell or rent you another box to unscramble their signal.
MACMAN83, I think you're on to something....my home cable is the same situation for any TV not on a DVR provided by the cable company.
__________________

Curt and Dee

2015 Voltage 3600, Yel/Blk/Slvr Full Body Paint
2013 GMC 3500 Dually with Duramax
CDMEY3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 03:54 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dalzell
Posts: 707
South Carolina
This is amazing! Those on cable and dish went through the digital transition unbothered, because both types provided analog outputs to their old TVs through their respective boxes. It's been over 6 years! My recommendation is get a digital TV for your camper, and see what you can get for free! Anywhere!
__________________

MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×