TV Connection - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2016, 02:40 PM   #1

Arkansas
TV Connection

Hello! I have a 2015 V-Series 3805. All 4 TV's had distinct interference when using satellite that I was able to remedy 3 of the 4 TV's by checking all coax connections at the wall plate connections, however, the bedroom TV still has interference. I suspect the other end of the coax may be loose, but I cannot locate the connection feeding the bedroom TV. Does anyone have a suggestion where the other end of this cable is connected? I'm assuming there is a junction box somewhere after the main antenna panel above the main TV cabinet.

2002 Goldwing Trike
SuperDuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:24 PM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuty View Post
Hello! I have a 2015 V-Series 3805. All 4 TV's had distinct interference when using satellite that I was able to remedy 3 of the 4 TV's by checking all coax connections at the wall plate connections, however, the bedroom TV still has interference. I suspect the other end of the coax may be loose, but I cannot locate the connection feeding the bedroom TV. Does anyone have a suggestion where the other end of this cable is connected? I'm assuming there is a junction box somewhere after the main antenna panel above the main TV cabinet.
Did you find the splitter when you had the wall plates off? Check the crimps on the fittings they are not always the best?

Drove me nuts trying to get the cable and satelite connections straighten around, somebody thought it would be fun to crosswire them.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:39 PM   #3

Arkansas
Thanks for your quick reply! I did not see he splitter, but I will check again. All that was immediately visible was the wall plate supply cable trailing off into the wall. I assumed there was a "master" splitter located somewhere near the main antenna wall plate inside the wall somewhere. Regarding the crimps on the fittings, I have confirmed that they are OK...still gotta think the "other" end of the cable is the culprit.
2002 Goldwing Trike
SuperDuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #4

New Jersey
You may also want to replace the splitter with a higher quality one. I understand satellite systems have higher bandwidth requirements than cable TV. Not to mention, Dutchmen doesn't use the best quality splitters.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:16 PM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonoghu View Post
You may also want to replace the splitter with a higher quality one. I understand satellite systems have higher bandwidth requirements than cable TV. Not to mention, Dutchmen doesn't use the best quality splitters.
Good one, I forgot to mention that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuty View Post
Thanks for your quick reply! I did not see he splitter, but I will check again. All that was immediately visible was the wall plate supply cable trailing off into the wall. I assumed there was a "master" splitter located somewhere near the main antenna wall plate inside the wall somewhere. Regarding the crimps on the fittings, I have confirmed that they are OK...still gotta think the "other" end of the cable is the culprit.
The splitter could be almost anywhere, they're not so good at doing the things the same way twice. That would me that someone would have to draw up a schematic and perish the thought even use a wiring harness.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:15 AM   #6

Arizona
Our splitter is behind the main control panel. We rewired nearly all if the TVs in our rig so we could use HDMI connections from the receiver.
cmzoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:30 AM   #7

Pennsylvania
Mine were more easily accessed by pulling out the fireplace. They are just hanging back there.

2015 Voltage 3305, Gone for Good !
2014 Ram 3500 dually, Aisin, Gone but not Forgotten.
2018 Winnebago Sunstar 32YE
thompwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:03 PM   #8

Arizona
Replaced my splitters with Satellite grade spliters from Home Depot and that helped alot. One thing I did that fixed it all for good was going to HDMI input for the satellite so it is separate from the coax system. Nice thing is I can watch DirecTv on one TV and someone else can watch over-the-air TV on another without any interference, which is something that can't be done when sat is on the coax system.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote