TV Connection - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-11-2016, 02:40 PM   #1
Member
 
SuperDuty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Springdale
Posts: 47
Arkansas
TV Connection

Hello! I have a 2015 V-Series 3805. All 4 TV's had distinct interference when using satellite that I was able to remedy 3 of the 4 TV's by checking all coax connections at the wall plate connections, however, the bedroom TV still has interference. I suspect the other end of the coax may be loose, but I cannot locate the connection feeding the bedroom TV. Does anyone have a suggestion where the other end of this cable is connected? I'm assuming there is a junction box somewhere after the main antenna panel above the main TV cabinet.
__________________

__________________
2011 F350 6.7L Crew Cab Dually
2015 Voltage 3805 V-Series
2015 Commander XT1000
2002 Goldwing Trike
SuperDuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
hddecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: kamloops
Posts: 2,152
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuty View Post
Hello! I have a 2015 V-Series 3805. All 4 TV's had distinct interference when using satellite that I was able to remedy 3 of the 4 TV's by checking all coax connections at the wall plate connections, however, the bedroom TV still has interference. I suspect the other end of the coax may be loose, but I cannot locate the connection feeding the bedroom TV. Does anyone have a suggestion where the other end of this cable is connected? I'm assuming there is a junction box somewhere after the main antenna panel above the main TV cabinet.
Did you find the splitter when you had the wall plates off? Check the crimps on the fittings they are not always the best?

Drove me nuts trying to get the cable and satelite connections straighten around, somebody thought it would be fun to crosswire them.
__________________

__________________
Jim

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:39 PM   #3
Member
 
SuperDuty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Springdale
Posts: 47
Arkansas
Thanks for your quick reply! I did not see he splitter, but I will check again. All that was immediately visible was the wall plate supply cable trailing off into the wall. I assumed there was a "master" splitter located somewhere near the main antenna wall plate inside the wall somewhere. Regarding the crimps on the fittings, I have confirmed that they are OK...still gotta think the "other" end of the cable is the culprit.
__________________
2011 F350 6.7L Crew Cab Dually
2015 Voltage 3805 V-Series
2015 Commander XT1000
2002 Goldwing Trike
SuperDuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hewitt
Posts: 270
New Jersey
You may also want to replace the splitter with a higher quality one. I understand satellite systems have higher bandwidth requirements than cable TV. Not to mention, Dutchmen doesn't use the best quality splitters.
__________________
2013 V 3105
2016 F350 King Ranch CC 6.7 diesel dually
pdonoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:16 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
hddecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: kamloops
Posts: 2,152
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonoghu View Post
You may also want to replace the splitter with a higher quality one. I understand satellite systems have higher bandwidth requirements than cable TV. Not to mention, Dutchmen doesn't use the best quality splitters.
Good one, I forgot to mention that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuty View Post
Thanks for your quick reply! I did not see he splitter, but I will check again. All that was immediately visible was the wall plate supply cable trailing off into the wall. I assumed there was a "master" splitter located somewhere near the main antenna wall plate inside the wall somewhere. Regarding the crimps on the fittings, I have confirmed that they are OK...still gotta think the "other" end of the cable is the culprit.
The splitter could be almost anywhere, they're not so good at doing the things the same way twice. That would me that someone would have to draw up a schematic and perish the thought even use a wiring harness.
__________________
Jim

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:15 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: prescott
Posts: 11
Arizona
Our splitter is behind the main control panel. We rewired nearly all if the TVs in our rig so we could use HDMI connections from the receiver.
cmzoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:30 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
thompwil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Lancaster
Posts: 263
Pennsylvania
Mine were more easily accessed by pulling out the fireplace. They are just hanging back there.
__________________

2015 Voltage 3305, Gone for Good !
2014 Ram 3500 dually, Aisin, Gone but not Forgotten.
2018 Winnebago Sunstar 32YE
thompwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:03 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tucson
Posts: 744
Arizona
Replaced my splitters with Satellite grade spliters from Home Depot and that helped alot. One thing I did that fixed it all for good was going to HDMI input for the satellite so it is separate from the coax system. Nice thing is I can watch DirecTv on one TV and someone else can watch over-the-air TV on another without any interference, which is something that can't be done when sat is on the coax system.
__________________

__________________
2014 Voltage 3600
2013 Chevy 3500 CC DRW
2011 Harley Ultra Limited 2016 RZR 900
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×