tv - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2015, 02:08 AM   #1

Texas
tv

We have a tv in an entertainment center an it doesn't swivel. So I bought a kit. We removed our tv. An the brackets on the wall have to be removed. Is there a 2×4 in the center to be able to mount the new holder. Need answer ASAP thank you

GDSills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:20 AM   #2

Nevada
There are, but you have to locate them, I used a stud Finder…I also placed a piece of plywood to help support the TV….Mine is 46" If I find the photo I took, I will add it

2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:27 AM   #3

Texas
Thank you. We have it up but I worry it is just not going to be strong enough to keep from falling. .the tv bracket is mounted in the middle right in the stud.
But we put a full motion on the tv not just a tilt my husband was happy the way it was flat on the wall. But sitting on either couch you were always watching it from the side. The only way to have watched head on would be to sit on the. Barstool at the end of the bar..but as of now we can turn the tv to face which ever couch we are on. I am just not sure if we need to add some extra support.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #4

Nevada
That's why I used the Plywood, the mount is supported by more then one 2X4
Old 04-30-2015, 02:41 PM   #5

Nevada
photo's of the wall and the plywood before I stained it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1987.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	2090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1986.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	2091  
Old 04-30-2015, 11:01 PM   #6

Texas
Wow thank you. Your RV is set up like ours. We have only had it since December. We went on 2 short trips so far. We have so much to learn still. We bought it used an we have had a few little issues. Our next goal is to tackle installing washer an dryer.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:23 AM   #7

Nevada
GDSills
Glad you only have had small issues, I have a Washer/Dryer Combo, another person on here brought a washer and dryer from Lowes, sorry don't know which model it was…As to ours, we got ours from camping World and we are still working on how it works, the washer part works good, but the dryer part, we are still tying to get the timing amount correct….
Old 05-01-2015, 03:34 AM   #8

Alabama
Just FYI, in a 3895 if you were to remove the front bathroom cabinet opposite the bathroom mirror you would see what is behind the TV in the living room. The support for your TV is actually 3 2x2s, one in the center, and one about 6" to either side. I also removed the original mount for my 46" TV and installed a longer swivel mount. I used (from an experience with a different trailer) 2" lag bolts from Lowes instead of the much longer lag bolts that were included with the kit. It has held up just fine through our travels and daily use, but if I had seen what support was available for the TV before I started the project I might have reconsidered. I assumed there were at least 2x4s back there. One day, when paranoia overcomes me, I think I'll sister some 2x4s to the one 2x2 that is holding up my TV. Also, if you do remove that cabinet, be prepared to be horrified by the tangle of wires. I couldn't help but to reroute a few just to provide slack for my coax cable and HDMI cables. That cabinet in the bathroom is only held in by the four long screws in the corners if you decide you want to do anything behind the TV.

2013 Voltage 3895
2011 Ford F-350 DRW w/ Firestone airbags and heavy duty compressor, Edge Insight CTS, Curt Q24
Moogal78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:36 AM   #9

Texas
We are looking at separate washer an dryers. They have to go in the pantry. That is going to take up a lot more space than just a combo. I read tons of reviews an I know I want separate. We sold our house right at a month ago. This is going to be our home until we can get our cabin built. So we are trying to make it feel more like a home an not just a RV. We replaced the vents on top because we have had rain off an on all month an two of them leeked. Then we had our awnings out an it rained very hard an the water got so heavy it broke the arm. So now we have to get that fixed. We have a half bath tv stereo two benches table an bed in the garage area. I just wonder why they didn't put the washer dryer connections out there. I really appreciate all the help an advice.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:53 PM   #10

Michigan
We got the washer and dryer and stacked then in the toy hauler .it works way better and much faster too.! We love it ! Our friends have the one in all unit and we can do 4loads to there 1 !
That's why if u have the room go with the two unit ! My time is way more valuable !! Lol
Toolmaker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:09 PM   #11

Texas
Did you buy them from camping world? It seems the ones at other places don't fit. They are to wide or to tall.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:35 AM   #12

Colorado
GDS,

You can use a stud finder to get the approximate location of the studs behind the TV. You will also find the original TV mounts were mounted to the studs as well.

I used a strip of blue masking tape running horizontally across the entertainment center inset just about where the vertical center of the TV is. I marked the stud finder locations with a black sharpie. Then use a 3/32" drill bit to drill a series of holes until I located both edges of the 2x4's.

The swivel mount I got from Amazon has a mounting plate about 16" wide by 8" tall. So I was able to get four lag bolts into the 2x4's an then used two butterfly bolts where there was no stud.

With 6 bolts holding it in place, I didn't need plywood for a backing plate.

My only disappointment, the TV is out about 1 1/2" from the entertainment center inset. Oh well, it looks pretty good and sure made it easy to organize the cables behind the TV.

Just FYI, this is the swivel mount I used, find it on Amazon.com

Mount-It! APSAMB 37-60" LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket with Full Motion Swing Out Tilt & Swivel Articulating Arm for Flat Screen Flat Panel LCD LED Plasma TV and Monitor Displays Includes Free 6' High Speed HDMI Cable,Compatible with VESA 200×200,400×200,400×400,600×400 for Samsung, LG, Pioneer, Sony, Vizio

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote