Tank Heater/Warmer Switches on Voltage - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2015, 03:19 PM   #21

Arizona
Took awhile but we had Bishs Rv take a look beneath the underbelly.
The three heater pad switches from left to right: grey1, black, and grey 2.

danburke49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:39 AM   #22

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by danburke49 View Post
Took awhile but we had Bishs Rv take a look beneath the underbelly.
The three heater pad switches from left to right: grey1, black, and grey 2.
What is your floor plan? I have two black tanks, I wonder if the two black tanks are on one switch??

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:06 AM   #23

Arizona
Kitchen (grey tank 1), bathroom (grey 2). Greys are 40 each. One black at 54. Two 80 gal. fresh. Heater pads are meant to prevent drainage freeze.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:48 PM   #24

North Carolina
I opened up the under belly on my voltage 3200 c from the front back to the front axle. I needed to do some wiring and was trying to shorten the fresh water fill hose.

It looked like my black and grey tank for the bathroom are on the same circuit. I also have a tank heater on one of the fresh water tanks close to the front edge of the rear tank so it sort of might heat both tanks a little bit. the heaters on mine are only 50 watts, so I can't really imagine that it would be enough to melt the tank even if it were empty. Especially if it was near or below freezing outside.

I ran out of time this weekend so I will have to pull the under belly from the axles back another weekend to see if the kitchen grey tank actually has a heater or not

The dump valve cables were twisted in all sorts of bends. The gray tank cable had a 180 degree bend with about a 12" radius plus some other bends. The black tank cable had a full 360 degree bend plus some other bends. The cables weren't zip tied anywhere either. I rerouted the cables and secured them with zip ties. Now the valves are operating a lot easier.
O2bcruzing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:41 PM   #25

Arizona
Pulled the belly insulator to find the tank heaters left to right are 1-fresh water, 2-blackwater and bath grey, 3-kitcken and washer. The reason we were not filling the fresh water to 160 gallon capacity is they left the filler tube on the basement floor instead of taking the slack out. A couple of hangers keeps the line from trapping bellow the tank levels. The workmanship from electric to plumbing in the underbelly is a nightmare! !!!!
Old 12-02-2020, 05:23 AM   #26

Wyoming
Were you ever able to determine which tank heater switch is for which tank? I'm in Wyoming and the temps are steady below freezing at night and getting worse... I am new to the RV world and jumped into living in one stationary. I need to heat my main black water tank and my fresh water tank asap - but not my grey tank because it stays open always. I'd appreciate it if you could let me know what you found out - thanks!

ccat is offline   Reply With Quote