Stinky 2nd bathroom - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2016, 09:12 AM   #21

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomW View Post
Our 2013 3950 had the same problem. Turns out ours was the washing machine drain that had been covered up to make a pantry area. It was the grey tank =kitchen and rear bath sink. If you suspect the rear black tank (It has it's own drain connection at the rear of the rig) hook up to the rear sani flush connection, turn on the hose, close the drain for 5 minutes or so and then open the drain and flush the tank. We had to do this several times to clean ours out. The tank has a roof vent so there's no risk of rupturing the tank. Also I assume you know there are 3 valve pull locations. One in the main water connection (Front toilet & Shower) one near the front of the tires (kitchen and rear bath sink), and one behind the rear tires (rear toilet). good luck!
Thanks, we've been living in ours for 18 months and for the life of me I couldn't remember if there was a vent on the roof. Unfortunately, ours is in getting a slide repaired, so I could not run up and check. In my case, we use a washer, so that whole line stays clean/clear. I try to keep Happy Camper in the tanks to keep the smell down.

Cale

calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #22
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by calewjohnson View Post
The 3950 has 5 holding tanks. One fresh, two black, and two grey.

The kitchen grey actually has two vents, one under the island (back left) and one in the pantry (feeding into the washer drain line).

I know the front bath vents to the roof, as I have had it full enough to hear it through the bathroom can vent when flushing.

I am scratching my head now, as I cannot visualize the shower grey on the roof.

Then there is the act black...

Cale

Dang! That thing has more plumbing than my 1750 sf house!

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:49 AM   #23

Arizona
There has never been a washer in this unit so I am going to assume there is no issue there. Going to have hubby flush it again. This trailer was barely used when we bought it and that back bath has not been used a lot so I am really at a loss to why it is bad. If we can't get the smell to dissipate we will pull the toilet and check the seal as one person suggested. Thanks for you help too!
2014 Sun Tracker Tri-Toon and happily retired!!!
1jeepdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:12 PM   #24
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeepdriver View Post
There has never been a washer in this unit so I am going to assume there is no issue there. Going to have hubby flush it again. This trailer was barely used when we bought it and that back bath has not been used a lot so I am really at a loss to why it is bad. If we can't get the smell to dissipate we will pull the toilet and check the seal as one person suggested. Thanks for you help too!
May not have been a washer, but the hookups for it might be buried in the walls somewhere.

Aaron
Old 07-01-2016, 03:21 PM   #25

Arizona
Oh we see the hook ups it just has never had one in it
2014 Sun Tracker Tri-Toon and happily retired!!!
1jeepdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:18 PM   #26
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Oh we see the hook ups it just has never had one in it
Given Dutchman's wonderful track record of stellar construction, I would put it on the need to check list.

Aaron
Old 07-04-2016, 01:39 AM   #27

Virginia
Quote:

Ours was horrible too. Input a proper rubber cap as suggested on the drain and put different vents up top. Smell is gone
Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #28

Texas
Our last toy hauler developed a terrible smell in the bathroom that I thought was the black tank, but it turned out to be the under sink vent for the gray tank, the RV tech who troubleshot and replaced the vent said a lot of bacteria grows in the gray tank and most people don't put any chem in to kill it. Check for a vent similar to this under the sink, replace it to see if it stops the smell. Good Luck

Bluefinger is offline   Reply With Quote