Spare tire - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #1

Louisiana
Spare tire

Where would the tool be to let down the spare tire on a Votage 3895? We have looked everywhere. Probably going to just get a socket and extension and use a cordless drill if we can't find it.

Mike&JoyStafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #2

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&JoyStafford View Post
Where would the tool be to let down the spare tire on a Votage 3895? We have looked everywhere. Probably going to just get a socket and extension and use a cordless drill if we can't find it.
Open up the steps to the man door for the garage. A hex nut there.

Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #3

Louisiana
Yea Fanboy, I found that, I was wondering where the tool might be to attach to the hex to screw it down.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #4

Louisiana
My pre delivery walkthrough was not very informative. I had to figure out how to dump my rear gray/black tanks. Here's a good one - is the front fuel tank for the generator or the fueling station? I'm guessing generator.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:40 PM   #5

Virginia
There is a hanger in the basement for it, but mine was delivered under the bed. Where it still resides. 3 ft crank handle. Aft tank gen
Old 03-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #6

Louisiana
10-4. I'll check it this evening, but we haven't noticed it. Thanks
Old 03-27-2014, 04:33 PM   #7

Louisiana
Quote:
My pre delivery walkthrough was not very informative. I had to figure out how to dump my rear gray/black tanks. Here's a good one - is the front fuel tank for the generator or the fueling station? I'm guessing generator.
It doesn't make much logical sense, but the rear fuel tank is for the generator. Most people guess the front tank is for the generator, probably because the generator is up front and it's closest.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:09 PM   #8

Louisiana
That's interesting Sinecure. I actually found out through this forum that the fuel guage at the nozzle is for the fueling station and the fuel guage for the gen set is inside. Funny thing during my pre delivery walkthrough, the guy opened the fueling compartment, grabbed the wire that was in there and said "this is where your battery connects." I was looking at it the other day trying to figure out what the battery would be for and I realized that it was a grounding cable to be connected prior to filling your bike! lol The dealer should do more homework prior to trying to show folks around their campers.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:54 PM   #9

Virginia
That's interesting Sinecure. I actually found out through this forum that the fuel guage at the nozzle is for the fueling station and the fuel guage for the gen set is inside. Funny thing during my pre delivery walkthrough, the guy opened the fueling compartment, grabbed the wire that was in there and said "this is where your battery connects." I was looking at it the other day trying to figure out what the battery would be for and I realized that it was a grounding cable to be connected prior to filling your bike! lol The dealer should do more homework prior to trying to show folks around their campers.

That's horrible
Old 03-27-2014, 08:40 PM   #10

Arizona
Quote:
and said "this is where your battery connects."
That may have been a misunderstanding. When I was doing my PDI the guy told me to connect that jumper wire to the negative side of the battery on the vehicle I was fueling. I never use the jumper.

arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote