So Far very happy with our Dutchman voltage 3990 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2015, 01:32 PM   #1

Alberta
So Far very happy with our Dutchman voltage 3990

This has been our second voltage, and first one was a 3850, we dragged it around from Mexico to Alaska and other than a main slide problem, it worked very well..

This last fall went to a 3990volatage, for the king bed, had them put 4 solar panels, six 6 volt battery's, 3000 watt inverter, winguard sat, with remote sat.. Exterior propane, mouse proof, and so on at the dealer, did my own walk threw and had them tweak and fix my concerns... Took strait to tire dealer and put 14 ply tires on..

Now with over a month on trailer and five thousand miles it so far got to be one of the best trailers out of the 8 I have had in the past... So far everything is working and wife is happy..

Love the self levelling trailer package.. Nice feature for sure, and very very stable.. trailer appeal is also very eye catching

We are in plus 42/100f temps now and all three a/c running 24/7 don't let it warm more than 22c inside in the heat of the day..

We have a sidexside in garage, with room for kids bikes, and a dirt bike.. Under garage fuel tanks are now bigger and give us the extra room for longer trips, also me the big fresh water tanks and always tow fully loaded with fuel, water and loaded for bear..

Trailer air bag hitch system and suspension has to be the best out there, with the trailer tri wheels offers a incredible ride with very little sway or feed back from trailer, We now use a 2015 duramax 2500 with self levelling airbags and it pulls trailer as well as our big rig feels..

Put truck trailer over scales last week and yes we are over somewhat on truck rears but have no concerns with its ability to handle load safely.. Truck/trailer fully loaded with toys came in at 30902lbs

As for trailer negatives, wish it was shorter in tight gas stations, parking lots and tight campgrounds, should run HDMI cables, and better lighting in garage under top bed with table,

Not one to give credit to any trailer manufacture as I think they are all garbage built, but this one has treated us fairly well..

Being mechanically inclined and looking for issues before hand has also made for better camping exsperice overall, and sure helps when problems arise..

Gotta say for the money I paid so far good exsperice..

Bussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:38 PM   #2

California
Welcome to the forum............we are also happy with our Voltage. Not the best rv we've ever owned that would be our Teton. It does have a couple of advantages over the Teton. One being it was cheaper.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:43 PM   #3

Illinois
Nice to hear a "happy camper". Like you said, none of them are built the way we would build them. I went behind my fireplace yesterday to fix a small leak (wasn't leaking despite being under pressure for 15 minutes. I'll check again when it's pressurized for a longer period of time). Boy, what a mess of wires unbundled, plumbing pipes just hanging and not strapped, wood chips, and just a general hodge podge. I would have killed just to have 4 hours to label, tie, and strap before they put the flooring and walls in. I have almost an identical set-up, less the 6 volt. What to you mean by having exterior propane? Just a hook up for grill or whatever?
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:33 PM   #4

Nevada
Bussard
Great to hear that someone is happy, I am also, but I did have one Jack start to leak, parts ordered, When you get a chance check out the Mods Thread, since you like adding things, I went there and have been making changes, all good....Happy Camping
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:36 AM   #5

Missouri
So nice to read a positive post!!! Welcome to the forum. The voltage owners are the majority here, so if you have any questions, you get a answer rather quickly.

Happy trails, from another happy owner of a different Dutchmen product.

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:44 AM   #6

Alberta
YEs propane quick coupler installed beside front step for barbecue..

Installed a few more rope lights today on end of canopy as well on both sides of rear canopy.. Put another on bottom of trailer and it sure adds some nice light and looks pretty dam good

The larger main floor bathroom is pretty cool as well, king bed is what we needed rather than getting a elbow at two in the morning..

Bussard is offline   Reply With Quote