side wall issues 2017 rubicon 2905 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2018, 08:37 PM   #1

Utah
side wall issues 2017 rubicon 2905

We bought a 2905 in the beginning of the year. have been out once in it and found some issues with it. been at dealer for almost a month. they blame Dutchman.
1. Was not told that the heater was only a 18kbtu. Factory says 35kbtu is standard. dealer blames Dutchman. Dutchman says it was ordered that way. Why would dealer down grade heater in Salt Lake City..
2. The passenger wall is flexing in wind. there is no support behind front awning leg. when out the wall moves back and forth a couple of inches with light breeze. When you shut rear garage door the hole wall bows out then comes back in.

Any else have any issues like this. Thinking of getting a lawyer due to the dealer did not disclose heater info. any help would be great. thanks..

moabsidexside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:58 PM   #2

Florida
Good Luck! Sue the dealer and Dutchmen! Let the courts weed them out.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:21 PM   #3

Idaho
We've got a 2016 2905. Haven't noticed a problem with the sidewall. Where should I look to see the details on the heater. Ours is at a storage lot, so it may be until the weekend until I can get to it. We've had no issues with heat, but we didn't do much camping later than September last year.

Matt

2014 GMC Sierra 3500 Crew Cab Denali 4WD
2016 Rubicon 2905
Deadheadmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:46 PM   #4

Washington
Have you contacted Dutchmen directly? usually i have had good luck with the manufacturer. The dealers could give a rats ass about the customers once they buy the RV. The manufacturers want you to buy another one when the time comes so they usually go out of their way to make you happy. And when they tell the dealer to do something, it gets done....quickly. Please PM me and i can give you a guy's info that works for Dutchmen / Keystone. He's fairly far up the food chain there and makes things happen very quickly usually.
s.murphy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:51 PM   #5

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.murphy87 View Post
Have you contacted Dutchmen directly? usually i have had good luck with the manufacturer. The dealers could give a rats ass about the customers once they buy the RV. The manufacturers want you to buy another one when the time comes so they usually go out of their way to make you happy. And when they tell the dealer to do something, it gets done....quickly. Please PM me and i can give you a guy's info that works for Dutchmen / Keystone. He's fairly far up the food chain there and makes things happen very quickly usually.
Really? Wow they sure must have turned over a new attitude within the last few days.... Sure not the Dutchmen (Keystone) I know...
The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:05 PM   #6

Washington
I have found that it's all about who you talk to over there. I got lucky and got put in touch with someone who is pretty high up the food chain...and most of all is happy to help. I have also experienced that if you call the home office, it's a crap shoot on who you get and they seem to not always have that same drive to make you happy. Needless to say, i was having no luck with the dealer at all and he forced the dealer to make me an emergency appointment and had parts overnighted to the dealer at no additional charge to me. But be aware, when he gets involved, things will usually start moving faster than most people are prepared for...
Old 05-30-2018, 03:06 PM   #7

Washington
And moabsidexside - I have the exact same rig as you do. I haven't had any issues so far with the walls or heater yet. Mine was generator related and a few other odds and ends.