Shower Head Shut Off - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #1

Arizona
Shower Head Shut Off

Hey all, I started a thread a while back about cold or hot water coming from our shower heads when turning the water on and off at the shower head itself. The thread is here......http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...head-1311.html

There were several people having the problem and perhaps I have come up with a fix. I went to the hardware store and bought a 1/4 turn on/off valve.

I have yet to take a shower with it but just testing it on my arm it seems to have fixed the problem or at least helped. I will be heading out to Glamis next week to play in the sand and will test it then. At least it shuts off completely and is easy to access.

The zip ties stabalize the valve on the cheap OEM shower head and the silver thing on the bottom is another story. Ask about it if you consider doing the mod.

Arlan

arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #2

New York
OK I'll bite.....and the sliver thing on the bottom does what??????????

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #3

British Columbia
It is a small valve..some call it a thumb valve. It will completely stop water...similar to a ball or a blade/ knife valve.

I have one. I installed it right below the shower head. It makes it easier to turn the water on and off instead of reaching down where the hot and cold taps are.

Coops
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #4

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
It is a small valve..some call it a thumb valve. It will completely stop water...similar to a ball or a blade/ knife valve.

I have one. I installed it right below the shower head. It makes it easier to turn the water on and off instead of reaching down where the hot and cold taps are.

Coops
I was talking about the silver thing below the thumb valve (and still haven't said what it is ). The purpose of locating the valve at the bottom of the hose instead of up at the shower head was to try to eliminate the temperature change seen in the water when shutting off at the shower head.

My thoughts are that cold or hot water (depending on what shower head you have) is creeping up the hose.
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote