Sewer Slinky - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #1

Nevada
Sewer Slinky

I have been looking at Voltage 3200 tou haulers and can't see where the sewer slinky is stored does anyone know where it is?

Thank you

eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #2

under the bottom in the rear in a black tube. About 5 feet from the rear.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #3

Nevada
Thank you I will look for it.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #4

British Columbia
Or you can follow your nose......

Coops
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #5

Nevada
Talking

Thanks Canto Coop
Old 10-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #6

California
I took the tube off mine, and added a longer one. Got some pipe from Home Depot and mounted it in the same location, but it's 2 feet longer than the unit that came with. So now I have more space for a longer hose. The original one was only long enough to get the small hose in that came with the rig.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #7

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltageGuy View Post
I took the tube off mine, and added a longer one. Got some pipe from Home Depot and mounted it in the same location, but it's 2 feet longer than the unit that came with. So now I have more space for a longer hose. The original one was only long enough to get the small hose in that came with the rig.
Boy you are keeping me busy just trying to keep up on Mods.. But thanks anyway.........

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
Old 10-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #8

Ohio
My factory one is too small in diameter for the ends to stay on the hose?
1996 F-350 SWD 7.3 Liter Diesel
cewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #9

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cewing View Post
My factory one is too small in diameter for the ends to stay on the hose?
I found that to be the case, unless the ends are just the smallish, simple ends that only fit the hose coupler to the pipe outlet. Larger ends won't fit in the pipe. So I got some Rhino hose that has ends that you can remove easily, but that's kind of nasty, so I just leave a "normal" smallish end on the hose and stuff the whole thing in the holder. If I go to a hookup place, I use another hose that I carry in the truck, and have larger ends for that hose. The one on the trailer is just used for emptying the tanks after dry camping.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:28 AM   #10

Wyoming
Like you guys, I found the stock carrier pretty much useless.

I couldn't get my Rhino Extreme hose into it either. The tabs on the end of the Rhino Extreme were too large... so I simply shaved them down on my bench grinder, and then rounded them with a file. Now the ends fit inside the hose carrier fine, but I still couldn't get the entire length of my 15' slinky inside of it.

So... I ordered a full 8' long carrier from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Valterra A04-0155 White 94" EZ Hose Carrier: Automotive

I removed the stock 4' carrier, and installed the 8' one in the same place... just had to drill a couple of new holes. Now it accepts my 15' slinky, and... since the opening now sits flush with the side of the rig, no more having to crawl almost underneath to put the dang thing away.

As for the old 4' carrier, I didn't toss it away. Instead, I simply got some of those heavy-duty zip-ties to hold it to the frame, and reinstalled it slightly to the rear of where it originally sit... and again, with the opening flush with the side of the rig.

Now that's where I keep my two 5' slinky extensions. I've only needed them once... but now if I ever do again, they're stored back there out of my way.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #11

Saskatchewan
I have seen several designs on the Internet for a storage tube made from PVC fence posts. The ends for the posts are the post caps (held in place with hinges) and inside the tubes are PVC eavestroughs. The nice thing about this design is that the eavestrough can be taken out periodically and washed down with a power washer. This will be my first mod next year after the snow disappears.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #12

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakcrazy View Post
I have seen several designs on the Internet for a storage tube made from PVC fence posts. The ends for the posts are the post caps (held in place with hinges) and inside the tubes are PVC eavestroughs. The nice thing about this design is that the eavestrough can be taken out periodically and washed down with a power washer. This will be my first mod next year after the snow disappears.
That's what I did with mine.

soonernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #13

Colorado
Whoa, that is awesome. The one that came from the factory on the trailer is pretty much worthless. I have been looking for larger PVC or ABS pipe, but never considered square tubing. I have a direction!

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #14

Washington
I have just found another mod I need to do this spring. Have never used the factory one, useless and impossible to reach. I have the hoses in garbage bags inside of a tote with lid I kept in the forward storage compartment. Worked, but not very nice, and took up room with one tote just for the hoses. Have four, plus the Y adapter and whatnot, due to the two heads in ours. Planned to change it, now I know exactly how. Thanks!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:23 AM   #15

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
I have just found another mod I need to do this spring. Have never used the factory one, useless and impossible to reach. I have the hoses in garbage bags inside of a tote with lid I kept in the forward storage compartment. Worked, but not very nice, and took up room with one tote just for the hoses. Have four, plus the Y adapter and whatnot, due to the two heads in ours. Planned to change it, now I know exactly how. Thanks!
If you do this, make sure you place TWO 7-foot long tubes next to each other to contain your hoses. Maybe three would be even better, to manage the hose. There's enough room under for a lineup of pipe. I should have put in two of them, but only did one. Which is ok for now, since we only dry camp and I don't have need to for the extra hose to run through a Y connector. But it's a good idea anyway to create more space for the hose so you don't have to store it like that.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #16

Wyoming
2 Tubes work great for me. As I mentioned earlier, I now have 8-ft and 6-ft tubes... and they're mounted so that the openings are flush with the bodywork of the rig for easy access.

The 8-ft tube easily holds the 15-ft sewer hose that I use nearly every trip.

The 6-ft tube holds the two 5-ft extensions that I have, if needed.

In re the extensions... it's been my experience with the toy hauler that I usually end up pulling a little further forward in the campsite than a normal 5th-wheel rig would, so that the ramp door won't be hanging out in the road when I leave it open in the 'back porch' or 'party deck' configuration. As such, this tends to place the sewer outlet further from the campsite's dump point.

Although I've never had to use both extensions together... I've used one of the extensions on a couple of trips, and figure one day I just might need 2 of them.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote