Schwintek - In-wall Slide Systems - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2020, 12:08 PM   #1

Alabama
Schwintek - In-wall Slide Systems

I have a lot of knowledge working on Schwintek slides over the years. I thought I would share a link that is open to the public. Let me know if you have any questions. These systems are intimidating but are actually fairly simple. Imagine it like a big drawer glide system with two motors, one on each side at the top.

https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out

Revere411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:27 PM   #2

Ontario
That's all good information.

I would add that in the case of a motor replacement for a slide that doesn't have a motor notch, it's not really easy to "adequately support the slide room" then "push the slide-out out". If I had a fork lift maybe...

Also the Schwintek frame is glued to the RV wall. You can't push it out - maybe a couple of pry bars or a winch.

What I did is cut notches with an angle grinder and dremel tool. That sounds easy, but it isn't on the side of each of my 3 slides where access is very limited. Still, I think it was easier than the alternative.

I've done this twice. Both times it was broken wires probably because the motor turned having not been adequately held down into place.

joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:48 PM   #3

Alabama
I usually find it easier to run the room, or push it out about 1/4 to 1/2 way out. Remove the screws out of the column and then push just that column out far enough to pull the motor out of the top. Once you replace the motor push the column back into place reinstall the screws and seal along the top and side of the column. Earlier generations of the Voltage were not sealed well across the top so the motor would get wet and rust sometimes.
Revere411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 04:26 PM   #4

Ontario
I put a new motor in the bedroom slide. I repaired the wiring on it and used it as the replacement for the big LR slide. The LR motor will get used next time one fails.
joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote