Saw dust mystery - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2018, 03:47 PM   #1

Colorado
Saw dust mystery

Ok maybe this has been discussed before but I couldn't find a post similar. I have saw dust that accumulates under the front edge of my kitchen island on my 2017 Voltage 3605. Doesn't matter if I am hauling or parked. I vacuum it up and after a few days it reappears. At first I thought mice since we live in a rural area of Colorado but no usual signs of mice, droppings etc. Under the sink is totally clean. The only thing I can think of is saw dust trapped behind the veneer of the front of the island. If that is a case there must be a ton of it as this has been happening for the year I have owned it. Any one else seen anything like this?

CO_HaulinRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:51 PM   #2

Texas
Think ANTS! As in carpenter ants. Get it treated, we did and no more ants anywhere. Search for styrofoam and you will see my thread. Good luck.

CSCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:55 PM   #3

Colorado
Blast under there with compressed air, Vacuum, rest and repeat.
Lilnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:02 PM   #4

Ontario
http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...chen-6866.html
joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:37 PM   #5

Texas
Ants. Buy a 3 pack of Raid foggers (orange cans). 1-2 on the inside and set one off in the storage area as well. I would personally shut off the propane first.
Penny220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #6

Colorado
Sawdust

I know this is a late response. I have had the exact same issue along with a buddy who has a Voltage. The problem is when they make the trailer they do not remove the sawdust and it comes out of the vents (both AC and Heat). I found a large amount of sawdust under the fridge, in all ducts, under the stairs in the underbelly, and about anywhere you could think of. I spent a great deal of time removing all this then I kept getting it in. Finally, found about 4 hand fulls in the main AC on top of the trailer when a mobile tech had to be called for an AC issue. Hope this helps. Oh - if you remove your AC vents make sure they are taped correctly. Mine was all messed up. Once the tape was correct the AC felt great. Good luck.

2014 Harley Davidson CVO Limited
Colorado440 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction, debris, kitchen