Satellite Dish - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #1

Louisiana
Satellite Dish

I have a 2010 3200 Voltage. I want to hook a dish up to. I was wanting to know if i should hook the dish to the satellite in spot on the outside and were do i hook the box up. I noticed there is some kind of double hook up in the living room with some sort of jumper on it. I would also like to put the box in the bed room, or leave the box in one location and have all the tv's play the same channel.

Sean Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:01 AM   #2

I have nearly the same voltage a couple years newer but I guess the hook up is the same.
Hook the satellite feed from the antenna to the outside connector that should caption sat/cable.
On the inside inside the entertainment center you should have a wall plate with a short jumper on the two cable connectors. One is from the outside feed (unk which one) and the other is the continuation of the rest of the cable/satellite circuit. Where the small jumper is remove it and use two 12 inch to 24 inch short leads connecting on to the rear of the satellite box in from satellite and the other to the second cable going to the TV's. So what you have done is placed the satellite box in place of the small jumper. Save the jumper for future use. Now one last thing must be done. Next to the cable plate where the jumper was is another wall plate with a hole that looks like a car charger hole and a small push button. Next to the push button is a small LED light. Now push the button causing the light to go out. The light MUST be OUT to get satellite feed. If your TV is on and it should be on channel 3 and if the satellite lines are correct you should get satellite tv on your main tv. If not reverse the two jumper cables on the rear of the satellite box.
In all probability you will get satellite TV on the main and not anywhere else in the camper because of crappy coaxial connectors and cheap chinese cable splitters. Those will have to be replaced to get satellite in the remainder of the RV. thats another story.
Let us know how it works.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #3

Louisiana
Thanks Tanman, I will try it out this weekend. Is there somewhere i can buy the good coaxial connectors and splitters(brand name)?
Old 11-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #4

Louisiana
Thanks Tanman, I will try it out this weekend. Doyou have any suggestions on coaxial connectors and splitters (brand name or where to buy) My voltage is a 2012(typo)
Old 11-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #5

Louisiana
Sean, do you have the tools to put new compression fittings on the cables? If not go to Home Depot and look for a coax kit made by DataShark. Link. It comes with a few compression fittings but you'll want to pick up a few more if you plan on replacing all of the crappy crimp connectors. I went throughout my 5er replacing all connectors and now can receive the satellite signal from any TV.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #6

Louisiana
Thanks, for all the Info. I'm going to try it out this weekend.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #7

Saskatchewan
Don't be scared to pull out drawers and open access points (panel to hot water heater etc.). I wasn't even looking for coax and splitters the day I decided to winterize my trailer and there were two in there beside the hot water heater.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #8

Louisiana
OK Thanks
Old 11-22-2013, 02:13 AM   #9

I got my splitters and coaxial connectors from my local cable guy...You can find plenty of them on flea bay. the tool is a little pricey though for a dozen connections buy it will serve you well in the future around the house.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:31 AM   #10

Nevada
Splitters are located behind the light control panel and behind the radio in the garage. I would replace all the connectors ( F-connectors) because you will find them incorrectly installed by the factory (Dutchmen).
I got my connectors and cable RG-6 from a local electronic supply store.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #11

Texas
From my post on another forum:

I installed a Dish Tailgater satellite not too long ago. I was hoping that I would be able to watch satellite TV on any of the 4 TV's (living, garage, bedroom, outside) without major wiring modifications. I knew I would have to watch the same channel as the dish itself is limited. I also wanted to be able to watch antenna programming on any TV. The trailer was wired to do exactly what I wanted. I connected the coax from the dish to my connection outside the trailer. I connected the receiver box to one of the connections on a wall plate that had two coax connectors on it. I took another piece of coax and connected it from the "out to TV" on the receiver and connected it to the other connection on the wall plate. The TV in the living area was connected from the receiver using HDMI. What all this did was allow for antenna TV on any TV. The living area TV can watch either one just by switching inputs. The other TV's work by turning off the antenna booster, switching to channel 3 and use the Dish remote to change channels. I have a couple more things to do.

I also built a tilted shelf so the Dish receiver would fit in the cabinet. Without my modification, the receiver box is slightly deeper than the cabinet. This tilted shelf method works great. I also bought a IR to RF remote control device on Amazon for ~$30. That way the receiver stays in the cabinet and I can use the Dish remote at any of the TV locations. I even set the dish remote to work on the TV outside to operate the volume, etc. As a bonus, I tried it on the TV in the bedroom and it operated that one as well. No need for two remotes for those TV's.

I did not have to change cables at all.

soonernation is offline   Reply With Quote