Sailun tires. - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #21

Arizona
Tires did good from Phoenix to San Diego. I ran them at 100 psi. My buddy who has a similar tire not the exact same was with me. He swears to run them at 85. On our first stop we got the inferred thermometer out and here's what we found. His tires were at 132 degrees and mine were 116. So needles to say he pumped his up. Thanks for all the comments. I think these tires will do the trick. Very happy.

Bigslick1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:54 AM   #22

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigslick1000 View Post
Tires did good from Phoenix to San Diego. I ran them at 100 psi. My buddy who has a similar tire not the exact same was with me. He swears to run them at 85. On our first stop we got the inferred thermometer out and here's what we found. His tires were at 132 degrees and mine were 116. So needles to say he pumped his up. Thanks for all the comments. I think these tires will do the trick. Very happy.
Unless you have tire inflation charts for a particular tire, you should run them at sidewall pressures, anything less is asking for trouble. Running tires with less pressure and a lot of weight will cause heat build up. There are a couple tire manufacturers say that you can run 10psi over sidewall pressure, but that is so you can run up to 75mph...but you are still limited to the weight stamped on the sidewall.

Cale

calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:49 PM   #23

Iowa
Sailun tires

Just completed a 10700 mile trip to and around Alaska. Put G rated Sailuns on and had no problems, carried 110 psi tire pressure. Also upgraded shackles with Moyride 2" and Moyride 4000 Equalizers. What a piece of mind on those frost heaved roads.
JerNan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:52 PM   #24

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerNan View Post
Just completed a 10700 mile trip to and around Alaska. Put G rated Sailuns on and had no problems, carried 110 psi tire pressure. Also upgraded shackles with Moyride 2" and Moyride 4000 Equalizers. What a piece of mind on those frost heaved roads.
Did you also have the Morryde X-Factor braces?
joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:37 AM   #25

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerNan View Post
We just did the same trip on the same tires. I ended up putting metal valve stems in the factory aluminum rims, so I only ran 100 psi in em. They'd build to 115 or so on a hot day, but that was 20 degs less than the stock tires. Didn't much like having to buy 6 of em, but they did the Top of the World Highway, Sea to Sky highway, and a few thousand miles of gravel roads and frost heaves like a champ.