Recall - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2015, 09:18 PM   #1

Ohio
Recall

I got a notice in the mail Saturday from Keystone on a recall affecting 2013-2015 Keystone Montana, 2014-2015 Keystone Raptor and 2015 Dutchmen Voltages.

There are rivets on the folding stairs that could fail, so they are replacing them with "fasteners" provided by Keystone. I called Holman's in Ohio today and they know nothing about a recall.

On an unrelated note, I got my camper out of storage to de-winterize and my water pump doesn't work. I did a little trouble shooting and I am not getting 12v to the pump. If I put 12v directly to the pump it runs. All fuses look good, so today I pulled back the under belly to trace the wire. Holman's fixed a cable valve problem in Dec. after I winterized, so they had the privilege of getting the rivets out. What a mess! Has Keystone not heard of a wire loom? There are wires everywhere not tied to anything. Heaven forbid if something were to rip the plastic card board holding everything in. After tracing the wire from the pump as far as I could see up to the fuse box it all looks like one solid run. White with black tracer wire. In the fuse box the wire hooked to the water pump fuse is white with red tracer. I'm guessing that there is a splice somewhere where I can't see it and during the valve repair something got pulled on and came loose. Since its going back for the recall, I will have that traced down as well. The RV industry should take some queues from the auto industry.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:06 PM   #2

Tennessee
I received the same notice. The way I read it, it only applies to the quad steps so I checked Keystones website and it also says quad step. I think all the v-series like yours and mine all came with the triple steps.

2012 EZ-GO 2FIVE LSV 2014 Gem E4 LSV
3wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:55 AM   #3

Nevada
Thanks Guys,
I haven't got the Recall Notice yet, and I am going back to the Dealer for a couple repairs, so I will add that to my short list

Thanks again
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:29 AM   #4

Illinois
We got the notice last week, we will schedule a visit soon, as the LED's for the patio quit working as well
jetboatrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #5

Ohio
That maybe what the website says, but since I got the letter from keystone with my specific model and VIN listed, I think I would believe the letter. I would hope they would not do a mass mailing to those not affected. I need to take it back to Holman for no power to the water pump anyway, unless I can trouble shoot it. Does anyone know how easy it is to pull the breaker box out on a Voltage? We are leaving fro Bristol tomorrow and I may not want to tackle that tonight.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #6

Nevada
Jeffwelsh: I have taken mine out, there are soooo many wires, it will take you all day to run it down...A couple others have stated, that they took there's apart and found that sometimes, they start with one color wire and end with another, it maybe because the wire was short, so they just added what ever wire they had?? Now mine was OK, I found the right wire and was able to find that it was just got unplugged at the fuse box... It easy, just don't pull to hard, take your time!
Rich
Old 04-14-2015, 11:05 PM   #7

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwelsh View Post
Does anyone know how easy it is to pull the breaker box out on a Voltage? We are leaving fro Bristol tomorrow and I may not want to tackle that tonight.
Pulling the breaker box is pretty easy. Four screws in the corners and the plastic cover pops off. Then the box itself has four large screws into the wood. Once those are out the box just pulls easily toward you. There should be enough wire slack to pull it and trace the wire down and behind. You'll probably need to pull the basement wall to trace to the pump.

Happiness is an old pickup truck, a good dog and an understanding woman....
ewacowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:31 PM   #8

Ohio
Good news, pump fixed. I pulled the breaker box and did a continuity check on the hot and ground wires. The hot wire did not have continuity, so I figured the easiest fix was just to pull a new wire. Fortunately I was able to fish a wire on the top side without have to follow the route the original took thru the underbelly. I feel much better heading out now. Its Bristol Baby!
Old 04-15-2015, 02:58 PM   #9

Nevada
That Great, no major repair....Go Jeff Gordon
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
Old 05-01-2015, 04:41 PM   #10

Ohio
Update: Got another letter from Keystone saying NEVERMIND. The recall is for models that have 4 steps. Sorry for the inconvenience. Unbelievable!
-Jeff
Old 05-01-2015, 04:47 PM   #11

Nevada
That's OK I got the letter and I have the 4 steps

2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV