Ramp Patio Kit - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2017, 07:19 PM   #1

New York
Ramp Patio Kit

I would like to convert my ramp into a patio like I’ve seen on other models but it didn’t come with the party deck kit installed. Has anyone done this? I tried to get the party deck kit but I was told it can’t be put on Coleman models yet the door frame has the hardware for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spichura-300TQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:22 PM   #2

Arizona
Last I looked only a dealer could buy the patio kit from Lippert. Also, what is the weight rating of your ramp door? Can it handle the weight of people? I have the patio ramp and it's rated for 1500 pounds as a patio. Lippert beefed up the door by adding a sheet of metal over the plywood.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:44 PM   #3

New York
I believe it’s 1500 lbs. Camping world has been damn near impossible to deal with since I got my camper so I’m looking into alternatives. I’ve seen some people put jacks under them. The way I look at it, it isn’t much different then blocking up a corner to load a toy.

Old 11-01-2017, 12:15 AM   #4

California
My old toy hauler did not have the patio option so I bought two adjustable jack stands from Harbor Freight and used them on the edge under the metal edge. Worked great.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:29 PM   #5

Oklahoma
Patio Kit

I was able to talk my dealer into ordering the cables and door brackets from Lippert. Main reason was to keep it looking as stock as possible. I figure if the door can support me driving my 1,800 lb SxS up and down it, it will hold my family!

I want to say the cables were $75-80, but they are coated look correct. The door brackets we pretty cheap from what I remember. I then just bought some heavy Quick Links and hitch pins from the hardware store.

I will get some decent pics of it tonight for you, and I may still have the order info on them as well.
bwwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:28 PM   #6

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwilliams View Post
I was able to talk my dealer into ordering the cables and door brackets from Lippert. Main reason was to keep it looking as stock as possible. I figure if the door can support me driving my 1,800 lb SxS up and down it, it will hold my family!

I want to say the cables were $75-80, but they are coated look correct. The door brackets we pretty cheap from what I remember. I then just bought some heavy Quick Links and hitch pins from the hardware store.

I will get some decent pics of it tonight for you, and I may still have the order info on them as well.

Maybe I need to talk to your dealer. Mine apparently called Keystone and said that the door on my 300 TQ doesn’t support the cables and brackets (which I call BS). I asked my salesperson if I could add the cables and they said you can but it may do damage to the trailer. Again I think it’s BS. Do you have a Coleman 309TQ?

Old 11-27-2017, 07:03 PM   #7

Oklahoma
Pics of Install

Here are some pics of the ramp door cables I installed. Still working on getting the part numbers from my dealer that they ordered. These are on a Triton 3451 Toyhauler.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171126_161315.jpg
Views:	1364
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	4576   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171126_161327.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	4577  
Old 11-27-2017, 10:37 PM   #8

New York
Is your door the Lippert Components door?

Old 11-28-2017, 02:33 PM   #9

Oklahoma
Part Numbers and Contact

So I was able to track down the part numbers and info.

Part #: 32684 Wire Garage Door Patio 120" (Cables)

Part # 334822 Garage Patio Attachment (Brackets)

If you call RV General Store in Newcastle, Ok at 405.392.3700 and ask for Brandi in the parts department, she can order them in for you.

She said they were direct from manufacturer, so they had to order them from Lippert.

For the upper attachment point, I used heavy chain add-a-links from the hardware store.

Hope that this helps you out.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:44 PM   #10

New York
Thanks! Is the manufacturer of your camper keystone?

Old 11-28-2017, 03:07 PM   #11

Oklahoma
Manufacturer

It is a Dutchman/whoever owns the conglomerate now!

Just set something under your ramp to hold it out flat from you trailer and measure from the top corners of door opening where you can attach cables to, down to the outside edge of the door and make sure 120" will not be too long.

The outer frame of the door is aluminum tubing, I set my trailer level, then the door level, hung the cables from the frame and then used them to mark where to put the brackets. Drill through the frame and put some grade 8 bolts through it. Dont clamp them down super tight, will just collapse the aluminum tubing.

If my ramp can hold my 1700 lb RZR going in and out of it, it will hold 3-4 adults on it no problem.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:26 PM   #12

New York
Update: I called Keystone (manufacturer for Coleman/Dutchman) and they informed me that that kit would rip the frame supporting the cables right out of the wall. He said the other campers (such as yours) have the frame that I have but it’s reinforced. Kinda a bummer the Camping World sales person lied to me to make the sale but I guess I just won’t buy from them ever again.