Ramp door screen unravelled - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2015, 04:20 PM   #1

Indiana
Ramp door screen unravelled

Has anyone had this occur? Arrived at the campsite and opened the ramp to unload the toys and noticed my screen unravelled. I attempted to give it a light tug to try to retrack and one side started to come off the roller. Since I could not get the screen to retract I ended up pulling the screen off the roller completely and stored it until I had a chance to investigate and look into it further. The screen is glued to the roller with an adhesive substance so removing was not a problem. Time to investigate further this coming weekend. I may try to see if I can acquire a 3 season patio door and just go that route.

kraines1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:21 PM   #2

Michigan
Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraines1 View Post
Has anyone had this occur? Arrived at the campsite and opened the ramp to unload the toys and noticed my screen unravelled. I attempted to give it a light tug to try to retrack and one side started to come off the roller. Since I could not get the screen to retract I ended up pulling the screen off the roller completely and stored it until I had a chance to investigate and look into it further. The screen is glued to the roller with an adhesive substance so removing was not a problem. Time to investigate further this coming weekend. I may try to see if I can acquire a 3 season patio door and just go that route.
On mine I walked thru it one night ! it was dark and I didn't turn the light on!
So my wife called the 1-800 number and they said its an easy. Fix . They said call back when ready to do it and they would have a tech walk me thru it .
So that's what I'm going to do tonight . I hope it goes well cuz that patio door set up is 1300 bucks plus install if you can't do it yourself !!!

Toolmaker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 03:16 AM   #3

California
I am replying to a several year old post but I have the same problem. Has anyone had this happen and figured out a fix? I think I have used it a total of one time so not that concerned but would be nice to roll it up.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:06 PM   #4

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsol View Post
I am replying to a several year old post but I have the same problem. Has anyone had this happen and figured out a fix? I think I have used it a total of one time so not that concerned but would be nice to roll it up.
Can’t provide any direct help, as I removed mine a few years ago when I installed my 3-season doors.

However, I still have the following link in my RV folder… and I believe this is the company that made them. I don’t see a troubleshooting section on the website, but maybe you can give their customer service a call, and see if they have any suggestions.

https://www.stoett.com/retractable-s...patio-screens/
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 01:30 PM   #5

California
Much appreciated. I will reach out.

Thanks