Pulled AC to clean and now Getting E1 error - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2015, 03:54 AM   #1

Saskatchewan
Pulled AC to clean and now Getting E1 error

So I poulled the Main AC on the 3895 to retape and clean the coil with coil cleaner, I sprayed it all off with water and cleaned it out good. put it all back together and it all worked great for the next day and a half. Turned everything off for the week. Came out tonight and turned the power on and got E1 code. Reset everything nothing works, showing me 00 outside temp and the wrong zones on the stat now. Wondering if I wrecked something? How to fix or what should I look for before I call the Tech?

walleyesb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:41 AM   #2

Louisiana
Sounds like the "telephone cable" going to your AC may have come loose.

Old 07-25-2015, 11:01 AM   #3

Wyoming
Try this first...

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #4

Wyoming
If the Reset Procedure doesn't work... then Sinecure is probably on the right track.

I just had to have my system serviced. The Reset worked once... but then a few days later, the code popped up again, and the reset procedure wouldn't work.

After 2 phone calls to Dometic tech support, I finally had to drag the unit to CW. The tech there found that one of the connectors on the communication wire to the module was fried. Connector replaced, and it all works as advertised again.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 07-25-2015, 01:07 PM   #5

Saskatchewan
AC

Ya after I tired resetting it wasent even showing me the correct zones, was all screwy. Im going to take the top off and check connections today, If the modules unplug from both ends can I just replace them? I cant take the Toy Hauler in as I don't have a vehicle to pull it, it just sits at a permanent site.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:51 AM   #6

Louisiana
If I recall correctly, there was a telephone jack coupler under the hood of the AC. After pulling my AC to tape up the vent ducts, I had the same E1 error. I had to go back up on the roof, remove the cover and part of the metal air return, and push in the plugs to the connectors a little better. I decided if that didn't work I'd put a little di-electric grease on the plugs but that fixed my issue. Hope yours is that simple.

Clint
Old 07-26-2015, 04:40 AM   #7

Saskatchewan
fixed....then not fixed..

got to lake and plugged stat back in... nothing it was stone dead. well took the ac off. the connectors where the phone jack plug into were damaged and green from moisture, we cut off the rj11 ends and re crimped on new ends. and put new couplings in. Boom everything fired up and worked great all day 90 degree heat high humidity. cooled it down great. Then evening wife says fan is cutting in amd out in and out. go check and E1 code again. wtf....turn off stat and breaker. go back on roof and take ac apart. water sittinf in the return air duct and the wiring is sitting in the water again. here when we cleaned the coil, the saw dust fell to the bottom and blocked the drain so it was draining into the duct work. So recrimped all new ends and couplings and still nothing. absolutely nothing at the stat its dead. Maybe fried the stat or the board. So mad at myself for not blowing that coil outm dumb dumb dumb. not sure what to try now.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:14 PM   #8

Wyoming
Are you saying no power to the thermostat at all? If so, the thermostat runs off of the 12v, so it might simply be a blown fuse.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 07-26-2015, 01:20 PM   #9

Saskatchewan
fuse

that would be great. problem is...where would the fuse be??? the breaker panel and the fuse board under the tv all is normal. id have no idea where to look for a fuse. there is nothing on the circuit board or in line up on top.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:23 PM   #10

Wyoming
Hmmm... I was thinking of a fuse in the normal fuse panel, and my thermostat is on the same circuit as the bathroom. If yours are all good, then I'd have to guess your problem lies elsewhere... and unless someone else here can help, you may need a electrical tech.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 07-27-2015, 03:45 PM   #11

Saskatchewan
ALL fixed............AGAIN....We re did the RJ11 male ends on all 4 wires, used the communicator to test continuity and got the Zone 1 hooked up properly back tot he stat and it worked. I then hung the wiring up to the inside of the tin inside the coil, so any condensation or leaks at all, cannot get to the wiring. Fingers crossed its fixed now for good.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:48 PM   #12

Virginia
On our 3905 I can pull the phone connections off the bedroom AC, which will allow Zone 1 to start working. Once it runs for a few minutes I just plug them back in and can fire up Zone 2 and 3. I need to get on the roof and remove the main AC and repair the poor job Dutchmen did on the ductwork and fix the condensation issue on the control wire. But I have been lazy of late.

2011 HD Chevrolet Crew Cab Dually w/Duramax
2014 Voltage 3905 Epic III, full body paint
1999 FLHR, Raptor 700R, TT-230, TT-125LE
Voltage Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote