Propane pressure / guage - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #1

Ontario
Smile Propane pressure / guage

Voltage v3200 TH

I just put a fully filled propane bottle in and the other feels at least 1/2 full yet the guage is still red and I have no pressure? I tried lighting the stove burners and I get very little flame when all three are going ? The furnace will not start .. anyone had this problem ? If so how did you fix it .. we are looking at departing Ottawa, Ont on Sunday for Florida and are going to need the furnace !

I even put the selector lever on the switch valve where red/green gauge is to the middle and still no pressure .. any help would be very much appreciated.

BTW .. yes, both propane tanks are fully open.

xtanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:08 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Right off hand I'll guess that you have a defective Camco automatic switch over regulator.

You can by-pass the defective regulator with just a normal regulator but you'll have to switch tanks physically when one gets empty.

Or, you can get another switch over regulator. I replaced two of the Camcos and after the last bad one I just went with a normal regulator. When I run out of gas I simply replace it.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:38 PM   #3

Ontario
Sundancer 87 .. first, tks for the quick reply !! Sounds like Camco has a problem .. I'll install a regulator and see if it fixes the problem. At least I now have a starting point ..
Old 01-07-2016, 08:48 PM   #4

Oklahoma
There is a ton of them, Camco, out there, I think they have the RV market for their regulator. Some 'ese' company makes them and puts many names on them so just purchasing another brand doesn't guarantee you'll get a good one.
The Marshall regulator is a good one if they are still around. It seems as if we are saddled with throw away junk from foreign countries and have very little options to buy good stuff.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:53 PM   #5

Ontario
At least ( I hope ) once I replace the regulator I'll have heat on the way down to Florida .. other wise it could be a cold sleep !

Tks for the reply !
Old 01-08-2016, 12:44 AM   #6

Arizona
Could your tank's valve not be fully opened? If you open the valve too fast it thinks there is a leak and shuts down.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:43 AM   #7

Florida
I would try shutting the tank off, make sure all LP items are off, then wait a few minutes and open slowly that just might take care of the problem. Then go inside and turn on the stove, after all the air is out of the lines the stove will light, then try the other LP item; ie Hot water heater, furnace etc.
If this does not work it is probably the regulator, unes you have a bad leak n the system.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:03 AM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
There is a ton of them, Camco, out there, I think they have the RV market for their regulator. Some 'ese' company makes them and puts many names on them so just purchasing another brand doesn't guarantee you'll get a good one.
The Marshall regulator is a good one if they are still around. It seems as if we are saddled with throw away junk from foreign countries and have very little options to buy good stuff.
Marshall is still around.

I love my auto change over system, wouldn't be without it. Hate waking up when it gets down to 30F and find an empty tank.

All I have to do to check if a tank is empty is to look through the spy hole. One of the first things I do every morning is to check if I have an empty tank. If I do, I pull the cover and take the empty with us on our days adventure.

My spy hole is a 3" hole in the cover at the height of the regulator. I then glued a piece of clear Lexan to the inside of the cover.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:58 PM   #9

California
Unscrew each hose and reattach, for some reason they sometimes do not connect

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #10

Ontario
Nothing that a new regulator couldn't fix .. tks all for taking the time to reply and point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Old 01-08-2016, 08:46 PM   #11

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
My spy hole is a 3" hole in the cover at the height of the regulator. I then glued a piece of clear Lexan to the inside of the cover.
GREAT idea! I have very little room between the back of my cover and the front of my TT but I'm going to look at making that mod. I may need a mirror to see, but that's better than taking the cover off to see,,,,,,,,, which really doesn't help that much either.
2016 Dutchmen Denali 287RE "The Dog House"
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:56 PM   #12

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springerdad View Post
GREAT idea! I have very little room between the back of my cover and the front of my TT but I'm going to look at making that mod. I may need a mirror to see, but that's better than taking the cover off to see,,,,,,,,, which really doesn't help that much either.
This is something that I did on our old Airstream, it had more room between the tank cover and the jack and my spy hole was only 2". I had to enlarge it when we bought the "Brick" and 3" worked.

In hind site I think a rectangle would have been better, but all your looking for is the color of the indicator.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:20 PM   #13

Nevada
xtanker, also the gauges don't work to well in the cold, I don't get a good reading here in Nevada....If you have a Heater or Light that runs on Propane, check to see if the tanks are working, if so, then do like above, make sure the hoses are screwed on right, if so, Regulator time...Good Luck

2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote