Potential New 3200 Owner - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2014, 11:58 PM   #1

Texas
Potential New 3200 Owner

My wife and I have scoured looking at toy haulers and come to the conclusion that we really love the layout design of the 3200. We are somewhat confused and hopefully some can clear this up. The two models that we are looking at is a used 2013 and new 2014. Trying to understand the big changes that Dutchman has done between the two years. The 2013 has a portable recliner and some really large rectangle cushions in the garage, unsure really what those are for. It has the epic package, a select comfort bed, and a backup camera. It has the Epic couch, which seems like a nice couch and not the all leather couch in the Epic III

The 2014 is a Epic III, which seems like the stainless fridge, microwave, and stove but unsure if the Epic III is really worth the money. It has the leather upgraded couch, which I believe reclines. Also, we love sitting outside listening to music and it seems the only speakers are located in the outside entertainment compartment. Does this have the ability to play music from ipods or radio? Or is it only good for watching television.

I know that I am rambling a bit but we like the product but confused as to which to choose.

Thanks,

texasvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:23 AM   #2

Texas
Texasvet,
Welcome, it sounds like you have been bitten by the RV bug and are ready to make the leap. I can't address the differences you have found as we do not have a toy hauler, but if it is music you want outside then I do have an opinion and interest. As I write this I am on my porch enjoying a fire listening to a portable Bluetooth speaker synced to my iPhone. There a a lot of options to getting music outside without being tied to the trailer.

The big thing is that y'all like the floorplan--(for us that was the main selling point). We look forward to your future posts!
Welcome

Old 04-30-2014, 02:30 AM   #3

Texas
I have a 2013 3200 with the Epic II package. I ended up swapping out the couch to a leather recliner as I was not happy with the one that came with it. Other than some small cosmetic changes, the major difference that I'm aware of on the 2014's are the hydraulic jacks. The radio in the garage on mine will play music over the radio or using the AUX jack on the front. My head unit does not have Bluetooth. The sound goes to speakers in the garage or the 2 at the outside entertainment area.
soonernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:52 AM   #4

Arizona
Welcome! We have Voltage 3200 on order. As I understand it the outdoor speakers can play music thru the garage Bluetooth system, or the DVD. Not sure which. Otherwise, get a good wireless system for outside. We'll be bringing our inbluetooth/ipod music set up for outdoor music.
The comparisons you made between Epic & Epic III seem to be accurate. Not sure what all the comparisons are, but you hit the big ones. I believe regular Epic doesn't have outdoor TV/speakers or bluetooth stereo capabilities.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:47 AM   #5

Pennsylvania
I just purchased a left over 2013 3200 with the epic II package and it has the reclining leather couch and hydraulic auto leveling system.
4wlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:38 PM   #6

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wlow View Post
I just purchased a left over 2013 3200 with the epic II package and it has the reclining leather couch and hydraulic auto leveling system.
Congratulations!! Any walk thru issues you found that can help those of us who have yet pick up our unit?
Old 05-01-2014, 11:24 AM   #7

Pennsylvania
Ours was a demo so I noticed a couple things missing like the rear awning crank and the cables to support the rear patio. I also noticed weak air flow from the a/c units as described in other post. The dealer told me they would check the air flow, but I have a feeling I will be fixing that myself which is no problem because at least I know it will be done right.
The slides are slow, but seem to function correctly.
I did not get to take it out yet, so I may find something else. Overall it was only small cosmetic stuff
4wlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #8

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wlow View Post
Ours was a demo so I noticed a couple things missing like the rear awning crank and the cables to support the rear patio. I also noticed weak air flow from the a/c units as described in other post. The dealer told me they would check the air flow, but I have a feeling I will be fixing that myself which is no problem because at least I know it will be done right.
The slides are slow, but seem to function correctly.
I did not get to take it out yet, so I may find something else. Overall it was only small cosmetic stuff
Be sure to look around slides for broke screws. Look at trim around slides. look under slides make sure all seams are sealed. look in corners of slides for water intrusion "swollen" areas. Under slide pull back wiper seal check rollers make sure there in good shape installed correctly.

Check slide gear rails. 3 on each side. Look for damage, gouges scrapes deep scratches or clumps of rubber, sealer or other debris stuck in rack. Most stuff you can fix yourself, however the slides are a little difficult to deal with if there's a major problem. looking for early signs will be to your benefit The one year warranty goes by pretty fast so look it over good. (ALL OF IT) your probably going to be fine once the bugs are worked out. OH yea, I would plan on getting rid of the factory tires if you haven't already. I went with the Good Year G-614. Your rims are rated for 110 psi, or should be check on backside of rim and double check. Good luck and welcome again.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:38 PM   #9

Nevada
I've noticed in the RV world, the options are not as accounted for like they are in the automotive world. Every Voltage I looked at seem to be loaded with everything with only small differences in options, like which leveling system or couch...even though those are kind of big. I looked at a couple Cyclones last week and they were missing TVs and other small things. Not sure why the dealership would order a trailer with small stuff like that missing. I think the RV factory floors just put these things together without a regular build checklist, hahaha, no two are the same.

Anyways, the outdoor speakers are under the TV door and ran off of the deck in the garage...which if you don't like whatever brand they installed, is easily changeable. My 3200 has a Sony with a remote control panel outside...no bluetooth though.

My trailer seems pretty loaded, leather couch, leather head board, black cap and hydraulic leveling. Epic II package I guess. My rig is titled as a 2012 with a Sept 2012 build date. I bought while deployed in Dec 2012, it was the only 3200 I found with the hydro leveling system at the time.

To the OP, pick the new model, hydro leveling is awesome.

Race Bikes
Brandt51 is offline   Reply With Quote