Positive feedback on new Voltages? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2017, 11:56 PM   #1

Arkansas
Positive feedback on new Voltages?

We are picking up our new Voltage 3605 tomorrow so I am new on this forum and I've seen so any posts about so many problems I am now worried hope we didn't make a mistake we are full timers and cannot afford to be put out of it for repairs [emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

scottxpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:57 PM   #2

Arkansas
So where are the ones who aren't full of problems lol

Old 07-06-2017, 12:48 AM   #3

Wyoming
A few things to keep in mind about online forums such as these...

Out of the total number of owners... in reality, only a very small percentage of us are online here. Those of us who are tend to be tinkerers by nature... hands-on with our own repairs, customizations, and modifications. As such, we're on here sharing our issues... looking for ideas as to how others have handled such things, so as to not have to reinvent the wheel (so to speak).

Add to that, the tendency of human nature to only pipe up when something's wrong... and you tend to see far more negative comments than positive. I mean, who goes on line to say, "Hey guys... everything worked perfectly on my rig today!"

Are there people with really serious issues? Of course. Even if these rigs were the 'Rolls Royces' of the RV world (which they clearly are not), the law of averages still states somebody's gonna get a lemon. It happens.

So don't sweat the small stuff. Ensure you do a THOROUGH PDI when you go to get it... and DON'T SIGN ANYTHING until the dealer has corrected any & every issue you find. They don't get paid until you sign... and after that, then you're playing according to their rules & timetable... not yours. So get them to correct EVERYTHING before they get paid.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:52 AM   #4

Arkansas
Thanks that's what I figured it just seemed like alot and got me worried about little lol

Old 07-06-2017, 03:29 AM   #5

California
Picked up our 3895 last week and overall all is well so far. I know several Voltage owners who have nothing but great things to say quality wise. This is my 4th RV and by far it appears to be the best. Some advise, go slow and be thorough during your PDI. Don't be rushed.
Egarcia733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:57 PM   #6

Arkansas
I'm not a full timer but I have had my 3818 for 3 years and have had no major problems.
dennis429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #7

Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
<snip>

Ensure you do a THOROUGH PDI when you go to get it... and DON'T SIGN ANYTHING until the dealer has corrected any & every issue you find. They don't get paid until you sign... and after that, then you're playing according to their rules & timetable... not yours. So get them to correct EVERYTHING before they get paid.
Excellent advice right there. Remember, your warranty also starts when you sign, so don't let them fix all the factory's problems on your time (and dime). Dealers tend to take care of potential customers first while yours is sitting out on the back lot and you're making payments.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #8

Arkansas
Thank you everyone I am at the dealer now waiting to start PDI

Old 07-07-2017, 10:17 PM   #9

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
A few things to keep in mind about online forums such as these...

Out of the total number of owners... in reality, only a very small percentage of us are online here. Those of us who are tend to be tinkerers by nature... hands-on with our own repairs, customizations, and modifications. As such, we're on here sharing our issues... looking for ideas as to how others have handled such things, so as to not have to reinvent the wheel (so to speak).

Add to that, the tendency of human nature to only pipe up when something's wrong... and you tend to see far more negative comments than positive. I mean, who goes on line to say, "Hey guys... everything worked perfectly on my rig today!"

Are there people with really serious issues? Of course. Even if these rigs were the 'Rolls Royces' of the RV world (which they clearly are not), the law of averages still states somebody's gonna get a lemon. It happens.

So don't sweat the small stuff. Ensure you do a THOROUGH PDI when you go to get it... and DON'T SIGN ANYTHING until the dealer has corrected any & every issue you find. They don't get paid until you sign... and after that, then you're playing according to their rules & timetable... not yours. So get them to correct EVERYTHING before they get paid.

Well said!!!... I've had no major problems with mine either..just the basics.. tightened this, resealed that, caulked here and there.. basic RV Maintanance.. only big thing was from a storm that any Unit would have had a problem with.. I love this forum for the mods and ideas for tinkering and some more bling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANDERSON ULTIMATE FIFTH WHEEL CONECTION
Nate42379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 01:16 AM   #10

Nevada
I have had 7 RV's, and all have had small troubles, but like that has been said above, First due all the repairs before taking it off the Dealers lot, it will take longer to get it back in for repairs, I am one of the guys who do almost all of my own repairs, even wall and roof repairs for friends. I have had my Voltage 3895 since 2015 and have only taken it back to the dealer for a recall on the steps...I still have a large Lance Truck Camper that I use in winter, and it has had a few little items go bad, so do a good walk-tru and check everything your self.....good luck and enjoy
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:31 AM   #11

Arkansas
Got our 3605 home today been a long day first thing this morning Tire shop to get new G Rated tires then been unpacking and putting stuff away in it all day few minor issues nothing to serious so far!!