Pin box air bladder - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #1

Oklahoma
Pin box air bladder

I haven't read here if anyone has had to replace the air bladder on the Trail Air pin box.

Mine has been slowly leaking over the past year necessitating adding air each time I hook up.
Finally contacted a dealer and it looks like Lippert or someone will replace the bladder, that is after I've done the dance for them. First they wanted pix of the pin box including number labels. Then they wanted year of manufacture, which is printed on one of the labels previously sent. Then the last word is that they won't send a complete unit, meaning a new bladder doesn't come with a valve stem or valve core or cap so they want photos of the leak in the bladder.

I sent them photos of soap bubbles being made in two different places where it appears the bladder is bonded to the plates. So now I wait but my question is:

Is replacement as simple as removing the valve core and stem, removing the two bolts holding the bladder in place and then pulling the bolt from one end or another out of the shock? Seems to me the lower jaw of the pin box will drop to allow the bladder to be removed and replaced.

It looks pretty much straight forward but as we know............

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:31 AM   #2

Tennessee
I don't think its any different than changing any air spring... "air bag".. but haven't looked at it close either.