Pimples on interior wall - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2018, 07:23 PM   #1

Florida
Pimples on interior wall

Pimples are developing on the interior wall of the 2016 V3200. Each pimple has a sharp top. No blemish on the outside fiberglass and nothing on the roof to indicate water is leaking from the roof. Any ideas? The wall is behind the door to the bedroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	V3200 wall.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	5167  

GeorgeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:33 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeL View Post
Pimples are developing on the interior wall of the 2016 V3200. Each pimple has a sharp top. No blemish on the outside fiberglass and nothing on the roof to indicate water is leaking from the roof. Any ideas? The wall is behind the door to the bedroom.
I had that on the ceiling. I contributed to water intrusion but upon further inspection I didn't believe that to be the problem.
Take a close look at the single rectangle.

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...ours-7181.html

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:39 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Those sharp pimples stem from some sort of hole that appears in the material. I had pix of the backside of the covering but no more. It seems as if something causes the holes and then attaches itself to the covering.
I have a few spots on the wall also, no where close to where water might get under the covering.
It's some strange stuff and something I've not been able to guess the reason.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:58 PM   #4

New York
I have the exact same "pimples" on the wall in the shower. I contribute it to water getting behind the paper. I noticed when the humidity dropped after the summer that the "pimples" went down a little. The "pimples" appears about 2 - 3 feet up from the bottom of wall. There is definitely no water leaks behind the wall.

I have since installed a 1 piece shower surround. Problem solved
KJ-Long Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:11 PM   #5

Oklahoma
I found hole in the wood, sort of like small worm holes. The protrusions/pimples were filled with a white compound. One would think calcium deposits but I just don't know.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:23 AM   #6

Florida
Thanks for the ideas. I guess I'm not going to be too concerned about this.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:42 PM   #7

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeL View Post

Is this on the inside of the exterior wall behind where the bedroom door opens? or inside the bedroom hallway?
Its4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:20 PM   #8

Florida
Pimple location

On the exterior hallway wall as you enter the bedroom, a bit before the closet slide.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:12 AM   #9

Illinois
Pimples on Interior walls

I have the same thing on my 2013 Dutchmen Denali. This first appeared under a large window. I also have delamination of the skin on the exterior at the same place. I pulled the window and found that the window was installed with a weather stripping type of foam as the seal. They placed the start and stop at the top of the window and there was a gap there that allowed water to collect on top of the aluminum frame, then traveled to a side of the frame and then drip onto the bottom of the cutout for the window. This caused both the interior and exterior problems. I now have this in several areas, particularly on the rear wall. Some of this obviously came from higher leaks at the roofing joint or possibly a corner joint. I removed and sealed this rear window this summer and sealed some places at the roof joint. The windows that I have removed have been off center in the openings with very little overlap in some corners of the cut out. I now have a lot of interior surface with the pimple problem that I plan on covering with stick-on tiles at a cost of about $600. Unless someone else has another cause, I believe exterior water is likely the cause.
Danfiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:49 PM   #10

Oregon
Angry Pimples

So far my 2013 v3200 is acne free but i'm wondering if it's because it hasn't seen much water exposure and is stored in a pole barn.

Have had slide problems, nose cone problems, kitchen sink drain problems so far, all fixed but yah gotta just love the quality of the products these rv manufacturers turn out. Don't think it really much matters what type of rig or how much money you spent on it either.