Norcold high temperature limit switch - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2014, 10:20 PM   #41

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper2b View Post
Residential is what I'm considering closely. Finding a good fit may be a challenge. Also the weight, and the fact the water heater is below. I would probably have to reinforce all that too. I have a Halon fire suppression system already in place behind refrigerator.
I was thinking about the weight issue. I can tell you first hand that a cooling unit of this size is heavy. The shells themselves might come close to weight matching though. Lots of steel tubing there and then you have to consider the weight of the chemicals. I wouldn't be surprised if the residential might not be a tad lighter.

Getting a fit might cause a fit but you might gain a little shelf space in the bargin. Trying to find matching materials to trim the residential out might be a little difficult.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:24 PM   #42

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by slb5146 View Post
I sure sympathize with you. We have been living out of three ice chests for over 6 weeks now.
Thanks Steve, at least I know how many coolers I will need. let us know how it all goes, especially the cause of the frig failure. Safe travels.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:47 PM   #43

Tennessee
Took unit to dealer today. It was discovered "recall box" they called it! Also identified as high temp cutoff switch failed. Unit checked out fine. They replaced it, works like new. Dealer says this is nothing new I will be removing it soon, I'll take pictures as I go.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:44 AM   #44

Oklahoma
Quote:
Took unit to dealer today. It was discovered "recall box" they called it! Also identified as high temp cutoff switch failed. Unit checked out fine. They replaced it, works like new. Dealer says this is nothing new I will be removing it soon, I'll take pictures as I go.
Save the little black box, you can move that baby in a heartbeat
Old 07-12-2014, 12:53 AM   #45

Tennessee
The dealer says I should be able to sell my my Norcold on craigslist quick. We'll see. I tried to sell to them.... said they cant do that... wonder why not?
Old 07-13-2014, 02:51 AM   #46

Texas
i have a 2012 infinity re plased the high temp switch three times it is re call norcold payed for it it is a piece of ****
phillip branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:28 AM   #47

Tennessee
I removed my Norcold today. I will start another thread with pictures and the transformation when I'm finished. I will say, we, the wife and I looked at hundreds, literally hundreds of residential units on line. I never knew they made sooooooo many different sizes! The Norcold 1210 series only has like 12 cubic feet inside. It's very deceiving in appearance. We may have to settle for a tad bit less space, or do major modifications. The best part for me is.. its out and I'm done with Norcold, and this thread.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:46 AM   #48

Arkansas
We're camped in the the Camping World parking lot in Akron, OH tonight waiting for our replacement Norcold 1210 on Monday morning.
slb5146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #49

Oklahoma
Quote:
I removed my Norcold today. I will start another thread with pictures and the transformation when I'm finished. I will say, we, the wife and I looked at hundreds, literally hundreds of residential units on line. I never knew they made sooooooo many different sizes! The Norcold 1210 series only has like 12 cubic feet inside. It's very deceiving in appearance. We may have to settle for a tad bit less space, or do major modifications. The best part for me is.. its out and I'm done with Norcold, and this thread.
Just for giggles and grins could you post a pic of the rear of the refrigerator, mainly the absorption unit proper?

Thank you and may all your ice cream be frozen too hard in your new refrigerator.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #50

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Just for giggles and grins could you post a pic of the rear of the refrigerator, mainly the absorption unit proper?

I will definitely be starting another thread in a week or so with pictures. Lots of work to do yet. Wait until you see the walls behind there. Someone should have been fired
Old 07-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #51

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
When I arrived at CW this morning I learned that they are not replacing my Norcold. They are replacing the cooling unit. It is very difficult to get into the service department to take pictures. They are still working on the unit but I did manage to get a picture of the new cooling unit.

slb5146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #52

Oklahoma
Not much has changed over the years with these things. I'm sure the Amish will look pretty much the same except for the color.

Interesting though, the new unit as pictured doesn't come with the magic recall black box. Maybe they use the old one or they wait for Norcold to send them a new kit.

Now we have a photo for diagnosis purposes, thanks.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:50 PM   #53

Washington
This is Plain Stupid

Never have I seen such a stupid setup. I had my rig washed and as soon as that water hit the exterior cover, Boom, fridge goes tilt. I investigate and looked here for answers and found this info. My rig is a 2015 and I guess it has the old switch as there is no reset and the magnet trick will not work. Had to call a mobile repair guy since we are full timers and it will take a week to get the part from Keystone. You know, a stupid 15 cent plastic cover is all it would take to protect this board from a spray of water, it is this kind of thing that really makes me angry about this manufacturer, but maybe they are all alike. So if you have not covered that switch yet, do it and save yourself a headache. Lucky that it is easy to bypass the switch and we can keep the fridge going while we wait.
ranbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:18 AM   #54

Louisiana
High temp limit switch

Check this guy out
Norcold Parts | Norcold RV Refrigerators and Parts For Sale!

poplejeune is offline   Reply With Quote