Newby's Newby - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2017, 01:32 AM   #1

Georgia
Post Newby's Newby

Hi All! I just bought a 2015 Voltage 3605 from an individual. I thought I'd get one manual for the entire rv, but alas that's not what happened, received a multitude of manuals for individual items installed into the rig. I still thought I'd get an instruction manual for the rig itself, like for the jacks, handling the tanks, the control panel, etc. While there was an "Owners Manual" included, it wasn't a detailed "instruction" manual for the coach. Not sure if it's missing or there isn't one. The seller showed me all he knew/remembered, but he didn't use it but a few times, so he wasn't well versed in everything a person should know. Anyone know where I can get such a manual, or if one exists? It's beginning to look like you have to rely on the orientation you get as a NEW buyer, but that doesn't help when it's bought second hand. After paying all that money, I don't want to guess at operating a system and mess it up!
I am completely new to RVing, hence the title of this post :-).
I'm planning on working up to full-timing by next year, so I'm hoping this forum will provide a lot of useful information for me!
Thanks!
Contessa

Contessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:45 AM   #2

Illinois
Contessa, congratulations on your purchase. There are no "owner's manuals" per se for RV's. What you get is a compilation of operator manuals for components, which it sounds like you have. Your best bet is to stay on this forum and ask as many questions as you like. Everyone who posts here is very patient and have been exactly where you have been. There are 4 or 5 guys here that have had more RV's and have rebuilt them, fixed them, or upgraded them, more times than I could count. If you have a specific problem, it helps if you post a picture as well. Go thru your RV one issue at a time and find your answers here. Not so overwhelming that way. Also, search and hit up You Tube. Most accessories on RV's are generic to many others. No worries. You'll figure it out.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:21 AM   #3

Nevada
lcv800 answered everything, I'm one of the guys who had 5 RV's over 25 years and rebuild a few, I still have a2006 Lance Truck Camper that I'm getting ready to redo the Rug and flooring. Most of us here have added or repaired our current RV's, so ask your questions, some of us have also repaired damage to roof and outside walls, etc. I have not seen any Manuel for our RV's except Lance? Good Luck and get out there and enjoy....
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:07 AM   #4

Texas
Hi Contessa, welcome to the group! I've only been on the forum almost 2 years, but every has been a big help anytime I've had a question or problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
jgaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #5

Texas
Hey contessa,

There actually is an "owner's manual" on the Dutchman website. It is very generic, but what I read of it had some good general information in it. If you go to dutchman.com then click on owner's at the top right, and the owner's manuals are under the parts manuals section.
gwking11 is offline   Reply With Quote