New V 3105 questions - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #1

New Jersey
New V 3105 questions

We picked up our V 3105 this past Saturday. Have a few questions, and would appreciate any guidance.

There is no place to put a sewer hose. I can't believe they don't include one. Looking for ideas as to what others have done to store a sewer hose. I looked underneath, didn't see any easy place to mount a tube. There is a gas tank at the back, and every thing in front of that is covered.

The dealer assured us they tested the generator. I can't get it to start. I hold the switch in the stop position to prime it, then press start, it cranks, but does not catch. I did put 5 gallons of gas in.

There are no towel bars in the bathroom. What do others do to hang towels to dry? We looking at adding a bar behind the entry door, or possibly hang a rack over the shower stall. Any magic solutions?

The specs show a gray water capacity of 70 gallons. I was suprised to find there are two separate tanks, and the drain handle for one is under the slide. Any idea on the capacity of the bathroom and kitchen gray tanks?

Looks like there are two separate fresh water tank drains. Any idea why? I thought maybe the tank is spit over a cross beam?

The main door, garage door, and garage ramp are all keyed differently. Plus we only got one main and garage entry door key. Is there an easy way to key them all the same? Do they typically only give out one key for each entry door? We also only got one storage compartment key. Every other trailer I've had had at least two of every key.

This is our first 5th wheel, after having had two travel trailers. When I pull away from a stop, i hear a thunk. I assume this is just the 5th wheel hitch taking up slack? Is this normal? 5th wheel hitch is a Reese R20.

The left most light switch does not seem to do anything. We are able to turn all the lights on, inside, security, over outside doors, step lights, and over garage ramp. There are blank covers for other switch positions. Could they have put in a switch that does not do anything?

There was a small electronic controller. It say Power and next to an indicator light, a rotating knob with Max to Min and there is a flat cable with Ethernet like connectors. Any idea what this is for? I assume it has something to do with the Sony sound system? We received a bracket and plate that look like they are for the Sony.

We didn't get any manuals or a TV remote, the dealer is going to order them for us, but we are leaving on a trip in two days. I downloaded the RV owners manual from Dutchmen, and the manual for the Sony radio CD/DVD player. Any thing special we should be aware of?

We're looking forward to taking our first trip, working out the kinks, and getting the RV setup the way we want it.

pdonoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #2

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonoghu View Post
We picked up our V 3105 this past Saturday. Have a few questions, and would appreciate any guidance.

There are no towel bars in the bathroom. What do others do to hang towels to dry? We looking at adding a bar behind the entry door, or possibly hang a rack over the shower stall. Any magic solutions?

They don't normally put towel bars or toilet paper holders in the bathroom.....we put them in where we wanted them....also got rid of the cheap plastic ones they supplied....went to a box store and got what we wanted.....actually we went with a rack over the door.....

The main door, garage door, and garage ramp are all keyed differently. Plus we only got one main and garage entry door key. Is there an easy way to key them all the same? Do they typically only give out one key for each entry door? We also only got one storage compartment key. Every other trailer I've had had at least two of every key.

They should have given you more than one set of keys, as far as keying the same, it can be done but gets costly.....go to a locksmith for details. You will also find any of the other compartments (pass thru) will most likely be keyed differently than what you have already found.

We didn't get any manuals or a TV remote, the dealer is going to order them for us, but we are leaving on a trip in two days. I downloaded the RV owners manual from Dutchmen, and the manual for the Sony radio CD/DVD player. Any thing special we should be aware of?

I would just go to Walmart and buy a universal remote....until Dutchmen gets around to sending you one. And as you said you already downloaded a manual......
Enjoy your new rig and happy camping!

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #3

Washington
I bet it is exciting and frustrating at the same time! I hope the best for you, and ditto to what the others have said for racks and holders. Buy what you want and carefully mount it where you feel is best. For the generator I have no tips or ideas other than dealer, I'm sure someone with that experience will chime in. We have never had an RV with generator. My family and I will be in your shoes in a few weeks when we pick up our new Voltage! Can't Wait! Hope your shakedown trip goes well, keep us posted.
Mike B.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:21 AM   #4

Arizona
Our left light switch turns on the power for the stove overhead (light and fan).
XYZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:03 AM   #5

Nevada
Sewer hose is not near the fuel tanks towards the rear of the unit (underneath)?

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:

There is no place to put a sewer hose. I can't believe they don't include one. Looking for ideas as to what others have done to store a sewer hose. I looked underneath, didn't see any easy place to mount a tube. There is a gas tank at the back, and every thing in front of that is covered.

The dealer assured us they tested the generator. I can't get it to start. I hold the switch in the stop position to prime it, then press start, it cranks, but does not catch. I did put 5 gallons of gas in.

The specs show a gray water capacity of 70 gallons. I was suprised to find there are two separate tanks, and the drain handle for one is under the slide. Any idea on the capacity of the bathroom and kitchen gray tanks?

Looks like there are two separate fresh water tank drains. Any idea why? I thought maybe the tank is spit over a cross beam?

This is our first 5th wheel, after having had two travel trailers. When I pull away from a stop, i hear a thunk. I assume this is just the 5th wheel hitch taking up slack? Is this normal? 5th wheel hitch is a Reese R20.

The left most light switch does not seem to do anything. We are able to turn all the lights on, inside, security, over outside doors, step lights, and over garage ramp. There are blank covers for other switch positions. Could they have put in a switch that does not do anything?

There was a small electronic controller. It say Power and next to an indicator light, a rotating knob with Max to Min and there is a flat cable with Ethernet like connectors. Any idea what this is for? I assume it has something to do with the Sony sound system? We received a bracket and plate that look like they are for the Sony.

We're looking forward to taking our first trip, working out the kinks, and getting the RV setup the way we want it.
To key your locks alike, you can order replacement locks from RVLocksAndMore | RV Locks | RV Keys | Fastec FIC Locks and Keys of you can check out the RV parts stores along your route.
I was wolking through.

I was walking through a Camping World a few weeks back and saw they had a wack of replacement cylinders. You can match the lock code on with on of the keys you alreday have, or you can get a totaly new series.

The one problem you and run in tO is that you need a locksmith of derler,with an electricians tape.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #7

British Columbia
Quote:

To key your locks alike, you can order replacement locks from RVLocksAndMore | RV Locks | RV Keys | Fastec FIC Locks and Keys of you can check out the RV parts stores along your route.
I was wolking through.

I was walking through a Camping World a few weeks back and saw they had a wack of replacement cylinders. You can match the lock code on with one of the keys you alreday have, or you can pick up whole new set.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote