New 3605 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2014, 11:12 PM   #1

Georgia
New 3605

just picked up a 15 3605, all the slides are cable so we shall see how that goes, first outing will be over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Overall very pleased with the TH, have been looking over all the threads on the site and building my list of things to do!

Cheers!

Middlesb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:27 PM   #2

Ontario
Welcome to the forum, you'll find lots of ideas and help here.

Adair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:49 PM   #3

Missouri
Welcome to the forum!

Lots of good info here

Happy Trails

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #4

California
Welcome............we sure like our V3605. Put 4300 miles on it this past summer with no major problems.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #5

Ohio
What is the manufacture date?

I just got a 2015 3605 in September. The manufacture date was June 2015 and it still has the Sweintec system. I wonder when they made the change?
Old 11-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #6

Pennsylvania
New 2015 3605 owners maybe you can help me. I just picked up mine the first week of November 2014 We ordered it Loaded however i feel we might be missing some options. Lets start with the awning LED light, I ordered it with two side awning both with LED light strips. Which are there i'm told that there should be a remote to Change color of the awning light can anyone verify. I was also under the impression that the awnings were on a remote hat would run them in and out. Next would be the 6 point leveling system. there is a wireless receiver mounted by the generator but know remote for the landing gear either. The specs also stated that it would come with a remote that would operate the slides and some lighting but again no remote.
Last is the rear awning over the patio system. A friend of mine has an older voltage and his has legs that help support the awning. Mine has the mounting points on the deck but know legs did they do away with them or are they now an option or something. Any help with these questions would mean a lot to me i'm just trying to get to the bottom of what I should have got and the dealer is no help and factory just says tell your dealer to order it for you.
rkimmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #7

Texas
The LED remote is white and about the size of a playing card, link to photo... http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalog...FepAMgodNWMAEA

My front awning operates off the touchscreen remote, that also operates the slides and front scare light, photo below, the rear awning has a switch under the garage cabinet.

My level up operates off a touch control in in the basement on the off door side, no remote, photo below.

The legs for my rear awning fold up and tuck into the awning housing, they are diffucult to pull out, similar photo below.

Hope a visual reference helps you find these items... the remotes are probably tucked away somewhere???

Enjoy your new Toy Hauler!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	level-up-auto-level-control-panel-101113.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1652  
Attached Images

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #8

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkimmell View Post
New 2015 3605 owners maybe you can help me. I just picked up mine the first week of November 2014 We ordered it Loaded however i feel we might be missing some options. Lets start with the awning LED light, I ordered it with two side awning both with LED light strips. Which are there i'm told that there should be a remote to Change color of the awning light can anyone verify. I was also under the impression that the awnings were on a remote hat would run them in and out. Next would be the 6 point leveling system. there is a wireless receiver mounted by the generator but know remote for the landing gear either. The specs also stated that it would come with a remote that would operate the slides and some lighting but again no remote.
Last is the rear awning over the patio system. A friend of mine has an older voltage and his has legs that help support the awning. Mine has the mounting points on the deck but know legs did they do away with them or are they now an option or something. Any help with these questions would mean a lot to me i'm just trying to get to the bottom of what I should have got and the dealer is no help and factory just says tell your dealer to order it for you.
Rear awning legs are in the end of the awning. Kind of a trick to get them out but they are there. Should be a remote for the LED awning lights.
Sorry can't help with the 6 point leveling as mine doesn't have it
Old 12-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #9

Georgia
Rkimmell, I am in the same boat, not a lot of info on what you are suppose to really get. on a side note took the TH hauler out for Thanksgiving for a week long break in , nothing major yet besides something drawing on my battery pretty heavy when the trailer is just in my drive way with nothing on. Didn't realize until I was off of shore power
Old 12-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #10

Ohio
Maybe I am missing a remote too. I do not have a remote for the LED lights. I have remotes for all the TV's the Sony Radio and the Fireplace. Maybe the V-Series doesn't have that?

The electronic level system is in the basement compartment and works great. The pic posted by HornedToad is great.
-Jeff
Old 12-03-2014, 09:10 PM   #11

California
Here is what the remote should look like. Yes the V3605 should have it .Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0377.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1671
Old 12-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #12

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkimmell View Post
My 2014 V3605 also came loaded, but I do not have LED awning lights under the garage door awning, just the main. I have a remote which is the Lippert Linc system, controls all slides, exterior light, main awning, and level up jacks. I have the same LED remote in this thread, fireplace remote, and remotes for all TV's and Sony receiver.

In reference to the rear awning, yes, the extension legs retract into the awning end cap. I can't imagine that their not there, but who knows. If you have the small feet mounted to the deck, that's great, took me months to get the feet from the dealer.
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic '07 Heritage Softail 2011 Polaris Sportsman 550 EPS
jonthefireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #13

Ohio
My unit is at the dealer for warranty work, so I got a status update and asked about the LED remote. The dealer did some research and found that they discontinued the multi-color LED's for 2015, so no remote.

The warranty work for the most part is done. The refrigerator doors were dented, so they replaced those and we found a grey water valve not closing all the way on our first trip. They found the valve had a problem and replaced it. The fireplace remote would not work correctly, but turns out the fireplace was the problem, even though the controls on the fireplace itself worked fine. We are waiting on a new fireplace. Holman's in Cincinnati has been good to deal with so far.
-Jeff
Old 12-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #14

Texas
I think these remotes are way overrated!!!

I remember the day when one remote worked everything...
that was the pair of plyers on top of the TV!!!

Have an LED remote, which I never use, just turn 'em on/off with the switch...
Didn't get a fireplace remote, which I would never use, just turn it on/off with the switch...
Lost my touchscreen remote, which I really liked to use from outside, but won't spend $300 to replace when I can just use the touchscreen on the wall.

PS Jeff, I bought my last trailer @ Holman's and the price was worth the 2000 mile drive. I'm glad to hear they're taking care of you on the warranty.

Mike & Helen
Old 12-10-2014, 02:38 AM   #15

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlesb4 View Post
Rkimmell, I am in the same boat, not a lot of info on what you are suppose to really get. on a side note took the TH hauler out for Thanksgiving for a week long break in , nothing major yet besides something drawing on my battery pretty heavy when the trailer is just in my drive way with nothing on. Didn't realize until I was off of shore power
I found a huge power drain in my unit too, I have a sub woofer in my unit, you may too. It is located behind the fireplace, and from factory, they did not install a "remote turn on" lead from the radio to the amplifier. As soon as I added this wire all my power drains were gone, that amp draws about 15 amps at idle, that's huge! You might want to look into this too.

If yours is missing, it's just 1 simple wire that comes from the back of the radio, it's a light blue wire, crimp a 10ft wire of the same size and fish it down the cabin space to the floor, attach it to the amp on the power terminals. One is ground or (-), one is power or (+), and the terminal you want is labelled "remote". Then there is a button to push in, it will be for auto on, or remote sensing. You will want to be on remote sensing after this upgrade. That should alleviate all your power drain issues.
2012 Can-Am Commander XT 1000, 1998 golwing GL1500
07dmax360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:02 PM   #16

Georgia
quick question, according to voltage the 3605 has 96 gal of fresh water, I have 2 dump gates underneath near the low point drains that are white and fresh water comes out, does that mean it is 2 separate tanks. I have not dismantled the underbelly yet to get the answer
Old 12-18-2014, 11:44 AM   #17

Texas
I have two fresh water drains on my trailer. One is white 3' PVC with a pull handle and the other white pex tubing with a screw cap.

At my PDI the tech explained that the pull handle drain is a "quick dump" that does not completely empty the tank leaving a reserve that has to be drained with the pex tube drain.

This works great for me... I'll use the quick dump to drain the weight and still have enough water left to use the bathroom on the way home.

With 160 gallons I'm have two fresh tanks but with one fill they have to be connected. The quick dump probably drains one and the pex tube drains the other below the crossover???

Mike & Helen
Old 12-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #18

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedToad View Post
With 160 gallons I'm have two fresh tanks but with one fill they have to be connected. The quick dump probably drains one and the pex tube drains the other below the crossover???
"I'm sure I have two fresh tanks..."

Sorry for the typo, my computer died in the middle of editing my post.

Unfortunately on this site, once I log off, I cannot go back and edit a post. Another forum I visit will let you go back online and edit post as long as the thread is still open.

Mike & Helen