New 3600 owner question - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #1

Quebec
New 3600 owner question

Hello group,

I recently purchased a 2013 Voltage 3600 from a used dealer. The dealer was useless with theses items. It is in great condition but a few things are missing and i would appreciate if anyone could help me understand:

-It is equiped with the epic package and has the Voyager wireless camera in the back. The Monitor is missing. Would anyone know what model i would need to order? If anyone is considering selling their monitor i'm buying

-the garage table is also missing, would anyone be willing to send a picture of the table with the dimensions? I plan on making a table there.

-i cant fond the tool to remove the spare tire, could anyone point me towards a picture of it so i onow what i am looking for (or at least can oder one)

I really look forward to exchanging with you all on the new toy! Thanks for your assistances.

HudsonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:58 PM   #2

Oklahoma
The monitor model number may be WAOM562, that's what mine is. The spare tire tool was mentioned last week. Some say it might be in a box with some other stuff under the bed, mine is hanging on the forward curbside wall in the basement. It's nothing special. Before I'd order one I'd find the size of the wench nut and see if I couldn't get a welder to weld a rod to the appropriate sized socket. That way you could use a battery operated drill motor instead of standing there fighting the crank and stairs.
Can't help with the table thing but if you are planning on making one all you need are the floor and table bottom cups and the tubes, both available in most RV stores or online.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:16 PM   #3

Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
The monitor model number may be WAOM562, that's what mine is. The spare tire tool was mentioned last week. Some say it might be in a box with some other stuff under the bed, mine is hanging on the forward curbside wall in the basement. It's nothing special. Before I'd order one I'd find the size of the wench nut and see if I couldn't get a welder to weld a rod to the appropriate sized socket. That way you could use a battery operated drill motor instead of standing there fighting the crank and stairs.
Can't help with the table thing but if you are planning on making one all you need are the floor and table bottom cups and the tubes, both available in most RV stores or online.
Thanks for the monitor details, i will try and find one.

Great advice for the tool, ill weld a nut at the end of a rod to hook up the drill.

For the table i already have the tubes and part, i will just measure somethinng that make sense for me and make one. Ill send pictures!

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 03-04-2016, 11:22 PM   #4

Oklahoma
About the monitor, the camera and monitor or paired so the monitor model must match the camera model. The monitor I mentioned ranges from 300 to 500 hundred bucks. A complete system runs around 600 to 800 bucks.

Weld a socket on the end to fit the nut, if you do it the other way 'round you might get a job at Dutchman.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:50 PM   #5

Washington
Quote:

Weld a socket on the end to fit the nut, if you do it the other way 'round you might get a job at Dutchman.
^^^ Hahahaha That's a good one!

Happiness is an old pickup truck, a good dog and an understanding woman....
ewacowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:45 AM   #6

Quebec
Quote:
About the monitor, the camera and monitor or paired so the monitor model must match the camera model. The monitor I mentioned ranges from 300 to 500 hundred bucks. A complete system runs around 600 to 800 bucks.

My last rv was a Heartland, i read some thread here and i am suddenly concerned about the quality! From whatbo can see, it looks tonbe well built, but i guess i will now have to open up a few walls to see how everything is done.

I am a bit of a perfectionist, i fee ill need to get a few coors lite and a couple of bags of tie wrap...
Old 03-05-2016, 12:45 AM   #7

Florida
Quote:

Agreed, when some dirt bag stole my back up camera and TPMS monitor out of my truck I had to buy the entire system, nobody sold just the monitor. Had to also replace the camera with the new one so they would link up. I still have to laugh about it because I bet the scumbag thought they scored a tablet and cell phone, but what they got was worthles junk without the rest of the two systems. Still haven't seen them listed on Graig's list yet....
The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 04:26 AM   #8

Arizona
Re: the table. I assume you looked under the master bed. Have you looked in the rear bunks? Might even be under the top bunk's mattress for safe keeping - it's large and heavy. Maybe up in the loft.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:31 PM   #9

Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
Re: the table. I assume you looked under the master bed. Have you looked in the rear bunks? Might even be under the top bunk's mattress for safe keeping - it's large and heavy. Maybe up in the loft.
Actually i havent looked at the top bunk. It's at the dealer for two weeks and ill look when it comes back.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:55 PM   #10

New Jersey
Quote:

Wow! For a lot less, you can buy a Garmin RV specific GPS with a wireless backup camera. Garmin builds decent stuff. Garmin RV 760 with camera for $460
Garmin 010-01168-02
Old 03-05-2016, 02:25 PM   #11

Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonoghu View Post
Wow! For a lot less, you can buy a Garmin RV specific GPS with a wireless backup camera. Garmin builds decent stuff. Garmin RV 760 with camera for $460
Garmin 010-01168-02
Wow i am a hige Garmin fan and never realized they had that. Thanks ill look into it. I was going the easy way, i like the idea of not replacing the rear camera for nothing.

I have 6 garmin GPS (2x Zumo on the bikes, 1 colorado for hunting, 1 3005 int he boat and 2 X nuvi for the vehicles.) i also have the garmin watch and heart monitor. Wonder if i can hook their camera to my heart rate so it turns up when my stress level goes up
Old 04-13-2016, 04:44 PM   #12

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonFrog View Post
...It is equiped with the epic package and has the Voyager wireless camera in the back. The Monitor is missing. Would anyone know what model i would need to order? If anyone is considering selling their monitor i'm buying ...
Not sure if you've already invested in the Garmin stuff yet... but if not, my Voyager backup camera has crapped out again (for the 4th time... I can see water in the lens), and I'm not going to fight with them to get it repaired again.

So if you want my monitor, just send me a note with your address and I'll send it to you.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:59 PM   #13

Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
Not sure if you've already invested in the Garmin stuff yet... but if not, my Voyager backup camera has crapped out again (for the 4th time... I can see water in the lens), and I'm not going to fight with them to get it repaired again.

So if you want my monitor, just send me a note with your address and I'll send it to you.
Unbelievable, for the price you would think they last more then two years.

That would be fantastic i'd be willing to pay the shipping

I did purchase the Garmin stuff, but i plan on using it to monitor the garage and checking the motorcycles over long trips. Not as a back up cam.

This is a VERY long story but since it's entertaining i will share so you guy's can see how dumb i can be

After figuring i needed the WAOM562 monitor that pair with the "non auto-pairing" camera model WVCMS10B i started searching for it. I finally found one for a reasonable price on Ebay and ordered. Not before asking seller twice if it was the monitor for the non auto pairing camera...

When i got it... I had to climb in a ladder to press on the camera pairing button, i then realized it had water in it also

so.... i still tried to pair it in case it worked and it didnt....

A few swears later i decided to order a refurbished WVCMS10B camera for the monitor. Damn those things are expensive.

I received the camera, tried pairing it... didn't work......

So i contacted ASAelectronic and with the serial number they confirmed it was the model that only worked with the auto pairing WVCMS130AP.

I had just purchased a camera for a monitor that didn't work

And my original camera might actually work....

FYI. There are two WAOM562 monitor type. The old model that fits with the 2013 voltage and goes with the non auto pairing WVCMS10B camera. And the new model which connects to the auto pairing camera WVCMS130AP.

So i returned the monitor and the camera.

I ordered a new autopairing WAOM562 + WVCMS130AP voyager camera kit from RV Cams and received great service from Chuck. They quickly refunded the WVCMS10B immediately upon reception.

The new camera are different, they have a metal pressure connector for where the wire goes in the camera. For everyone with the old model, i suggest you put scellant on the wire right away before you loose the camera......

Bottom line, i just lost several hours of my life that are not coming back... and now know pretty much everything i need to know about this Voyager camera system.
2017 Softail Slim S (FLSS)
Old 04-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #14

Michigan
Same boat. Three Voyagers in two years - CRAP

donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote