Need to replace Plastic sheeting under tanks/trailer - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2016, 01:29 PM   #1

Oklahoma
Need to replace Plastic sheeting under tanks/trailer

Also posted in another thread.

I had the aft fresh water tank (2015 Rubicon 2500) drop onto the plastic sheeting as well. The back angle bracket slipped aft due to sheared mounting screws which allowed the tank to drop. I purchased quality self drilling/tapping Screws like OEM and a few extra metal strapping from a big box home improvement store. Lowered the plastic sheeting, raised the tank back in to place and re mounted the aft angle bracket back in to place with the improved hardware. I also took 2 extra straps and mounted in a fashion as NOT to allow the angle to slide to the rear again should the new fasteners shear again. Then re attached the plastic sheeting.
Now last week the sheeting fell after driving through a heavy rain storm. My next project is to replace the entire plastic sheet (don't know where to get it yet) and improve the support system of the sheeting to prevent sagging in the future. The screws and washers alone do not do a good enough job. It allows the sheet to sag and take on wind/water while driving.

Any ideas or purchase location info would be greatly appreciated.

vinopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:29 AM   #2

Michigan
Look up Cloroplast on the Home Depot website. Not sure if this is the plastic sheeting you are referring to, but this is what covers the bottom of my Voltage. Self tapping screws with washers into the frame in various locations holds it up.

donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:13 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Sounds like the stuff. Thanks!
vinopilot is offline   Reply With Quote