Monitor Panel Question - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2014, 04:49 AM   #1

Maryland
Monitor Panel Question

I have a couple of questions about the wiring in the monitor panel...

1. The pendant lights and recessed lights are wired to the same switch...is it possible to separate them within the monitor panel so that they can be turned individually.

2. Same idea as before...the sconce lights behind the couch turn on the same time the lights above the couch are turned on....can those be separated wishing the monitor panel.

3. What is involved with the monitor panel backlight mod? I may look at getting a custom panel made with names of actual lights....would look nice.

Cale

calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #2

Michigan
Panel backlighting is easy enough. Look at Post #178 here - http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...ds-666-18.html

I don't believe the other two can be done inside the panel. I want to do the same thing with my lighting but being how they are in this to make money, I am sure the wires are split out in the walls and not in the panel as it would cost more in wire to do so.

donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #3

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
Panel backlighting is easy enough. Look at Post #178 here - http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...ds-666-18.html

I don't believe the other two can be done inside the panel. I want to do the same thing with my lighting but being how they are in this to make money, I am sure the wires are split out in the walls and not in the panel as it would cost more in wire to do so.
Thanks, I saw the post, but I did not go to the Pinterest link... Looks easy enough. I may just tap onto the "steps light" switch. Since it is heading into the evening when I actually need the lighting.

From looking at the stupid amount of wires behind the panel (in one of the pictures), there may be a chance that the other lights can be separated. I will look into that tomorrow.

By chance, do you know what I need to do with the jumper that is wired across two cable connectors? I need to put my DirecTV stuff back in...another project for tomorrow.

Cale
Old 11-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #4

Michigan
I don't use Pinterest - all my pics are here on the forum. I used a magnetic proximity switch so they come on when I open the panel door.

I agree on the stupid amount of wires...I just haven't investigated that far yet - we used the hell out the rig this past summer and it is now at the dealer for warranty work, so that will be added to my winter to do list when it comes home.

The jumper - I cannot recall without looking but the jumper comes out and your receiver goes in line there. Sorry I can't be more help on this one as the rig isn't home for me to look at.
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #5

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
I don't use Pinterest - all my pics are here on the forum. I used a magnetic proximity switch so they come on when I open the panel door.

I agree on the stupid amount of wires...I just haven't investigated that far yet - we used the hell out the rig this past summer and it is now at the dealer for warranty work, so that will be added to my winter to do list when it comes home.

The jumper - I cannot recall without looking but the jumper comes out and your receiver goes in line there. Sorry I can't be more help on this one as the rig isn't home for me to look at.
I saw that post also...Thanks. I have only had the trailer for five days and we full time in it, so I hope warranty issues will be at a minimum. Luckily, I have a POC at Keystone that helped me quite a bit when I had my Outback. I would go to the dealer and order/pay for the part, then send the receipt to her. Then I would get a check for the part later. Was never paid for my time, but they would pay for most of the labor of a mobile repair company if my repair was beyond my abilities.

We are going to have the DirecTV wireless Mini-Genies installed tomorrow. We only had the main Genie in the Outback...easy install, but the Genie is freaking huge...I have read that it has the ability to work wireless through the wireless bridge. If that is the case, I will put the main Genie in the loft (for the daughter) and use the Mini-Genies on the other TVs. We will see. I can update tomorrow.

Tomorrow's project is to pull the middle AC unit and tape the ducts properly. I may get into the basement and remove the wall to check the wiring and plumbing connections. I have already found some bare wires touching in some places, I may end up performing some electrical safety inspections on the unit.

Cale