location of waterpump in 2014 3305 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #1

Alberta
location of waterpump in 2014 3305

Did not winterize in time and kichen faucet took the brunt.
Will fix all tomorrow but any help on pump location?
thanks

walker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:12 PM   #2

California
Pump will be behind the wall in the basement.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:31 PM   #3

British Columbia
Ouch.

Hope that's all the damage that it's done, bet you won't do that again.

I always open the low point drains, drain the HW tank, open all the taps and blow the lines out and dump AF in the drains once it gets to the end of September, early October. If something comes up and you want to still use the camper you just need to close the low point drains and go.

It's been freezing a night for about the last five days, so I'm going to finalize the job and put her to bed for the winter.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:52 PM   #4

Alberta
Thanks guys.
I always try to get that last trip in and in the case the first trip as I bought my rig a month ago and never got out yet !!!!!
Birthdays, 2 boys playing hockey every weekend, etc.
I should know better after all these years but.....

It dropped to -7 here yesterday.
I went to my storage facility as I was weary. I ran hot water heater 10 minutes and anything that was a bit frozen ran right out. No damage there. Drained low point drains.
Could not hear pump and hope it is not damaged.
Will tow home Friday and run heated tanks and furnace a while to loosen all up and winterize as per usual.
My kitcken faucet had the top spout off and I found the springs and some parts. Bought a kit last night and will fix after thawed.
Rest seems ok.
On my rig I have the winterize switches on outside. 2 of them.
Turn both to bypass, drain low point, hook up hose from winterize to antifreeze and turn on pump? Pour some in traps too.
Hope it is all good.

Probably a 5 beer job!!!!
thanks
Old 11-06-2015, 12:01 AM   #5

Tennessee
I have a 2015 3305. My water pump is located behind the basement wall on the wet bay side. I know because it crapped out and I replaced it with a shur-flo. Big difference in noise. Can't hardly hear the shur-flo run.
2012 EZ-GO 2FIVE LSV 2014 Gem E4 LSV
3wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:27 PM   #6

Alberta
Thanks guys. Towing home after work and run furnace and put space heater in basement . Plus 5 later and 13 tomorrow so hope to fix tonight.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:58 PM   #7

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1 View Post
Thanks guys. Towing home after work and run furnace and put space heater in basement . Plus 5 later and 13 tomorrow so hope to fix tonight.
That's great, it's sarting the warm up on top of our mountain too. So I can get my plumbing finished.

The rocket sceientist that designed the location of our water filter has no idea.

They stuck the filter as far back and little clearance to the floor. It made me fume everytime I
had to remove the fiter and disassemble the space between the base cabinet and the filter.

Of course what did I miss, the last thing on the list, change the filter before we left for Alaska. Ever try to find a water filer in the middle of Alaska, the real middle nothing around for 100 miles in every direction.

The filter is no more, I cut the sucker out line and have added water hose to Pex adapters.

The filter housing will be mounted to and old angle iron tripod I have hanging around.

Plus side all the water will be filtered that goes into the fresh tank and all the city service water will all be filtered. I won't have to make any more trips to emegency, my tin knee won't lockup anymore. That hurts worse than the original injury.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:12 PM   #8

Alberta
Yeah this is trailer number 4 and some things that they do or not do confuse me. My last fifthwheel being a 2011 had no bypass and the TT prior did. Tough for a guy my size trying to get on the bunk room floor and take out a panel to cut hose and put antifreeze jug in to winterize!
Think you will be fine with your new mod.
Never been north of Edmonton............................yet! Originally a Nova Scotian !