InCommand question - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2018, 06:48 PM   #1

Louisiana
InCommand question

I am going to be in the market for a toy hauler in a few years when I retire and I have a question about the InCommand system. Does it control the awings? Also to use the phone app do you have to be close to the coach or can you be, say half a mile from the coach, and use the app over an available wifi connection? It would be way cool to be able to pull the awnings in with the phone if you suspected the weather was getting bad and could get the phone to a wifi spot. Also, does the app require a subscription service?

I currently have a Nissan car that I can start the car or unlock or lock the doors with the phone app over wifi no matter where I am. However it does require a fairly expensive subscription service in order to use it.

Thanks in advance for your time. When I call a dealer to try to ask these kind of questions as soon as the hear I am a few years out from making a purchase they lose interest. I hope they know that I will remember that in a few years when I am retired and have the cash money in hand!! LOL

T-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:39 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Roy View Post
I am going to be in the market for a toy hauler in a few years when I retire and I have a question about the InCommand system. Does it control the awings? Also to use the phone app do you have to be close to the coach or can you be, say half a mile from the coach, and use the app over an available wifi connection? It would be way cool to be able to pull the awnings in with the phone if you suspected the weather was getting bad and could get the phone to a wifi spot. Also, does the app require a subscription service?

I currently have a Nissan car that I can start the car or unlock or lock the doors with the phone app over wifi no matter where I am. However it does require a fairly expensive subscription service in order to use it.

Thanks in advance for your time. When I call a dealer to try to ask these kind of questions as soon as the hear I am a few years out from making a purchase they lose interest. I hope they know that I will remember that in a few years when I am retired and have the cash money in hand!! LOL

In a few years all these things you're asking about may not be available. Something new and confusing will take their place.
The dealer doesn't know what's going to happen next week let alone in a few years.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:20 PM   #3

Louisiana
Yeah this is true. I guess I am just full of anticipation for the day to come when I can get one and hit the road. I am also terrible about researching things to death before large purchases.
T-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:02 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Roy View Post
Yeah this is true. I guess I am just full of anticipation for the day to come when I can get one and hit the road. I am also terrible about researching things to death before large purchases.

Nothing wrong at all with researching but in this game they change the rules in the middle.

Do your research and get your PDI lined up so you'll be ready when it's time to cut the check.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:50 PM   #5

Florida
To answer your question, the unit works with Bluetooth on your phone. We have on for our rig and it works from about 30ish feet away. It controls the awning, awning lights, water heater, numerous lights inside the coach and all of the slides. We have three. Super cool and very convenient.
makolab is offline   Reply With Quote