I thought my basement was heated - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2016, 02:26 AM   #21

California
From my "Freezing Garage" thread:
Mystery Solved. Took it in to the shop and they opened it up from the bottom and found that the ducting to the garage vent was torn, not routed anywhere, and just stuffed in there. He took pics. I thought it was just a small trip under the pantry from the duct in the kitchen to the duct in the garage, but as it turns out there was a separate run from the furnace all the way to the back vent. The factory just didn't put it in right, and the heat was just getting lost. All was put like it should have been, and now we're looking forward to getting at least some heat back there the way it was supposed to be. It IS a furnace duct!

2015 Voltage 3800 w/ Epic IV, Int&Ext, Garage Pkgs; 8x100W Solar, 2x Xantrex C35 Charge Controllers, SW2000 Inverter & Monitor; 2005 Chevy Duramax Dually 3500 w/Banks; Kawi KFX700 & Polaris Scrambler 500 ATVs.
VCToyhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:29 AM   #22

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCToyhauler View Post
From my "Freezing Garage" thread:
Mystery Solved. Took it in to the shop and they opened it up from the bottom and found that the ducting to the garage vent was torn, not routed anywhere, and just stuffed in there. He took pics. I thought it was just a small trip under the pantry from the duct in the kitchen to the duct in the garage, but as it turns out there was a separate run from the furnace all the way to the back vent. The factory just didn't put it in right, and the heat was just getting lost. All was put like it should have been, and now we're looking forward to getting at least some heat back there the way it was supposed to be. It IS a furnace duct!
Looks like Voltage "fit & finish" still leaves a lot to be desired.

Burl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:35 AM   #23

California
They had stuffed fifteen feet of the ducting meant for the garage into the opening behind the wall. Designed well, but obviously no one even tried to install the ducting. Which means nobody tested it either. I checked my furnace vents in the walkthru but no one knew what the "vent" in the garage was supposed to be. Unfortunately this seems like the norm, not the exception. It works now like it was intended to, but at my cost.
2015 Voltage 3800 w/ Epic IV, Int&Ext, Garage Pkgs; 8x100W Solar, 2x Xantrex C35 Charge Controllers, SW2000 Inverter & Monitor; 2005 Chevy Duramax Dually 3500 w/Banks; Kawi KFX700 & Polaris Scrambler 500 ATVs.
VCToyhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:53 AM   #24

Texas
Oh, i imagine they knew what it was supposed to do but played dumb to get the paperwork signed.
Burl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 04:23 AM   #25

British Columbia
I did the same thing this aft and two duct vents in the wall that I removed had no duct attached behind plus the air just drifts over the removable access wall in between the floor joists anyways.....amazing.... Why even bother adding the vents....

Snowbeard is offline   Reply With Quote