Hooking up a dishwasher - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #1

Hooking up a dishwasher

We just purchased a portable dishwasher for our Voltage to keep in the bay. Since our bay has a washer hookup and we dont need a washer it only seemed logical to put in a dishwasher. Here is the dilemma . Portable dishwashers are designed to get water from the kitchen faucet and exhaust into the drain. I want to adapt the water line in to a hose bib that was for the washer and the drain line into the washer drain. Has anyone ever tried this and if so how was it done.

I have not received the dishwasher as yet but will in a few days. Its a Danby brand. El cheapo probably. I cant yet speak on the water lines how they are connected to the machine but hope someone might know.

Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.

BTW the washer drain pipe which holding tank does it drain into on my Voltage??

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
We just purchased a portable dishwasher for our Voltage to keep in the bay. Since our bay has a washer hookup and we dont need a washer it only seemed logical to put in a dishwasher. Here is the dilemma . Portable dishwashers are designed to get water from the kitchen faucet and exhaust into the drain. I want to adapt the water line in to a hose bib that was for the washer and the drain line into the washer drain. Has anyone ever tried this and if so how was it done.

I have not received the dishwasher as yet but will in a few days. Its a Danby brand. El cheapo probably. I cant yet speak on the water lines how they are connected to the machine but hope someone might know.

Looky, How to Attach a Garden Hose to a Kitchen Faucet: 10 Steps

Weren't you the one that posted the plumbing scheme for the Voltage? I think I remember seeing a scheme here at one time or another.

Of course the simple test would be to start with empty gray tanks, run the dishwasher and then check the LEDs to see which tank is now holding water. My guess is the water will go into the tank that has the valve located under the slide. Just a SWAG mind you.

sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #3

Yes I posted the schematic but it does not show the drain for it. I can only assume the washer drain goes into the galley tank. Who knows but I was going to pretty much do what your suggesting. Put water into the washer drain and see which tank has water in it when I open the drain lines.
I was hoping someone tried to replumb the dishwasher not to the faucet but to the washer hose bib and the drain into the drain hole for the washer. I would liked to know how they did it. Ill figure it out if I have to have lines made for it.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #4

Oklahoma
Dunno, seems like the easiest and quickest way would be to cut off the faucet end of the dish washer hose and install a hose bib connection.

Water pressure wouldn't be a problem and the OEM hose bib for the washing machine would stay intact.
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:19 AM   #5

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post

On my 2014 3905 the Washer drain fills the gray tank that gets emptied by the valve under the slide. From what I could tell that tank is for the galley and the washer. The other gray tank is for the bathroom.
2008 Outlaw 525s 2001 KTM 200 MXC 2007 CC Precedent
ewittersheim is offline   Reply With Quote