Holding Tanks - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #1

Texas
Holding Tanks

I'm new to rving, so any help would be appreciated. I have a new Voltage 3805. This is my 3rd time using it and I'm having an issue with my grey tanks. It is my understanding that there are 2 grey tanks one for the kitchen and one for the front bathroom. However, all of the water from both are going to the kitchen grey tank.... I think. I have water backing up in my kitchen sink and the bathroom. When I check the panel, it shows the kitchen tank is full and the other grey tanks is completely empty. But...when I empty the grey tanks (grey valve in the outdoor control panel), this empties the full tank. When I pull the grey valve located directly above the empty out pipe (which I thought would be the kitchen grey tank), nothing comes out. It is my belief that the factory just connected things wrong (like they did by adding both acs to one 30A breaker on my 5.5 Onan). If I'm wrong, please advise. Like I said, I'm new to this, so I know I have a lot to learn.
Thanks

Whodatdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:37 PM   #2

Arizona
These things are put together pretty quickly and with no oversight anything is possible. On mine the front bathroom shower and sink are emptied from inside the cabinet while the kitchen sink is emptied with the valve above the sewer connection. Perhaps they reversed the cables.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:40 PM   #3

Nevada
My Voltage tank meter is mis-wired. The kitchen meter actually is the main bathroom gray water, and the bathroom gray meter is actually the kitchen. There is a separate valve for kitchen gray located just above the dump connection. I know that this is a typical problem that others have reported.
Bumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:55 PM   #4

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpa View Post
My Voltage tank meter is mis-wired. The kitchen meter actually is the main bathroom gray water, and the bathroom gray meter is actually the kitchen. There is a separate valve for kitchen gray located just above the dump connection. I know that this is a typical problem that others have reported.
Yes, I believe mine is mis-wired and mis-plumbed. As I said, the kitchen sink and bathroom are filling one tank, while the other tank is completely empty. It just shows that the PDI that they do is an absolute joke.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:34 AM   #5

Wyoming
Ok, just a thought here...

My Voltage 3200 has 2 grey tanks. One grey tank is fed from the main bath... while the other is fed from the kitchen, the washer/dryer in the garage (and if I had a 2nd bath in the garage, that too)

Now, the main bath tank gate valve is controlled from the pull-handle in the control box above the sewer connection... but the tank for the kitchen & garage input is controlled by a gate valve with a handle that is kinda hidden and located further aft along the frame, just in front of the axles.

On occasion, I have run my washer/dryer and forgot to open this valve... and water began backing up into my sink, just as you described.

Just wondering if you know about this valve, and have it open.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:27 AM   #6

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
Ok, just a thought here...

My Voltage 3200 has 2 grey tanks. One grey tank is fed from the main bath... while the other is fed from the kitchen, the washer/dryer in the garage (and if I had a 2nd bath in the garage, that too)

Now, the main bath tank gate valve is controlled from the pull-handle in the control box above the sewer connection... but the tank for the kitchen & garage input is controlled by a gate valve with a handle that is kinda hidden and located further aft along the frame, just in front of the axles.

On occasion, I have run my washer/dryer and forgot to open this valve... and water began backing up into my sink, just as you described.

Just wondering if you know about this valve, and have it open.
Thanks. I just went out and looked again. The grey valve that's located right above the empty out connection (that I thought was the grey valve for the kitchen), was closed. I opened it and nothing came out. So, I went into the bathroom in the garage, which I haven't used, yet, and ran water into the lavatory for a few minutes. Then, I went outside and opened the same grey valve and water did come out. So, it appears that one grey tank is for the kitchen and main bath, while the other grey tank is for the garage.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:30 AM   #7

Texas
Thanks. I just went out and looked again. The grey valve that's located right above the empty out connection (that I thought was the grey valve for the kitchen), was closed. I opened it and nothing came out. So, I went into the bathroom in the garage, which I haven't used, yet, and ran water into the lavatory for a few minutes. Then, I went outside and opened the same grey valve and water did come out. So, it appears that one grey tank is for the kitchen and main bath, while the other grey tank is for the garage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160807_210225.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	3522  
Old 08-08-2016, 04:28 PM   #8

California
Go back & now run water in your kitchen sink. Then open that same valve. I think you will find water running out again. The front gray tank should be for the front bath only, at least that's the way mine is plumbed.
Double check on you monitor panel that the 2nd bath switch isn't on. If it is it wouldn't register your front gray tank. It can become full without you knowing.
Don't ask how I know.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:14 AM   #9

Ontario
Don't trust the gauges on your grey tanks or black tanks.
joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:40 PM   #10

Texas
I have a 3805 and the main grey tank is the kitchen/bath and the other is the back bath/washer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
treypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:09 AM   #11

Wyoming
Here is the schematic from the Voltage 3200. Note: there is no rear bath in this model.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:10 PM   #12

Texas
Thanks for the feedback. As treypal stated, the kitchen and main bathroom feed into one tank and the back bath and washer feed into the other. I'm going to try a blade valve to see if I can get can the front grey tank to spill into the back grey tank to give me more storage.