Heng's Vortex II fans - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2017, 06:46 PM   #1

Colorado
Heng's Vortex II fans

I was getting ready to change out my bathroom fan for a Heng's Vortex II fan when I read several posts that said they were very noisy. Who has done this change out and what were your results? Should I just go to a Fantastic or Max air fan?

4 grandkids, 1 Yellow Lab, 1 Kubota Tractor
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
I have not used Heng's so I can't comment on the noise. But you won't go wrong with either a Fantastic Vent or a MaxxAir. I have used both in the past and have had zero problems. My current rig has Fantastic Vents in the bedroom and main living area. I will be installing another on in the bath. Currently they are exhaust only. The bedroom one is getting upgraded to intake, exhaust, remote.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:16 PM   #3

Tennessee
I loved my old fantastic fan, remote control and auto shutoff when it started raining, quiet as a whisper.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:48 AM   #4

Florida
I installed a vortex II in my bathroom vent, the price was right and I really like it.(there was no fan before)
it makes some noise, but not as badly as the usual installed vent fans, it really pulls the air through. Installation was simple, I had a light 8" or so away, I dropped the light, tapped onto it and reached in and pulled the power into the fan area and hooked it up, the fan sit right into the vent area in all it took about 20 minutes to doe the hook up, it made a big difference in the summer, I also installed a vent cover ,over the outside vent, I leave the vent lid opened all the time to help remove the heat, I however do not leave the Vortex fan on all the time...I have a Coleman CTS 16 FB TT