Happy jack bunks - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2015, 11:40 PM   #1

Arizona
Happy jack bunks

We have a 2014 Voltage 3200,our first trip, bunks fell to ground,all self tapping screws were stripped out from support brackets,also porch support brackets bent,have seventeen warranties issues,Camping World has been waiting for three months for authorization for warranty repairs from Dutchman,we have only been able to use our Voltage one time,sitting at Camping World.

labador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:43 AM   #2

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by labador View Post
...have seventeen warranties issues,Camping World has been waiting for three months for authorization for warranty repairs from Dutchman,we have only been able to use our Voltage one time,sitting at Camping World.
Trust me, I feel your pain and would be livid. That said, and this is not personal to you, but...

I keep reading posts like this over & over again about how your dealer is waiting for warranty authorization for weeks & months... and I just keep wondering, why do you folks put up with it?

HIRE A LAWYER!!

I've too have had my share of issues with my rig... and while they were inconvenient, I guess I've been fortunate in that I've not had any of these 'authorization' delays that others are having. In fact, my rig's been back to the shop 3 or 4 times since I bought it, and the longest stay for any warranty issue was about 10 days.

If I had left my rig at the dealer, and felt I had waited an appropriate amount of time... I'd damn sure get an attorney involved.

Now, I don't know... maybe you have. But I have yet to see anyone having gotten one involved.

You're paying for something you didn't get (an item as advertised)... aren't receiving (repairs)... and aren't able to use. So what else have you got to lose?

Just some thoughts from the peanut gallery...

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:35 AM   #3

Arizona
You're not alone. My experience is CW is quick to make a sale but slow to repair. Not much intitiative in the service area. Perhaps you can go to RV NET, which is owned by CW and vent there and maybe receive some satisfaction.

Oh, and you don't have to get it fixed at CW, most any RV dealer can do the work so long as Dutchman/Keystone authorizes it. Call around.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:38 AM   #4

Michigan
I feel very fortunate as well then. I dropped my rig off in mid October with a long list of things to be fixed. All received authorization within three days and the rig was delivered to my house on 23 December. I have always heard General RV being bashed, but I was very satisfied with mine and the service writer I had. Would I buy an RV from them? No way - priced very high, but was happy with the warranty service I received.
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #5

New York
My issue was with the dealer not Dutchmen - once I reached out to Dutchmen and asked, their response was everything had been authorized and parts where shipped (gave me dates and statistics) - they asked if I was dealing with anyone in particular at the dealership, I told them who, within hours I had a call from the dealership - who then told me that they received authorization and parts would be shipped....I questioned that response and I was told - let me check and I'll get back to you - again a day later a call and comment was "Oh we didn't realize that ALL the parts where here"......

As far as my comment on taking two years - yes it did BUT I would not leave my TH at the dealer when I wanted to use it.....told Dutchmen in no uncertain words that the warranty period would have to be extended thru the next summer to compensate me for lack of use! They did, and I got it in writing....so when I brought it back in the fall of year 2 - dealer told me I would have to pay for everything not dealt with prior to the 1 yr warranty - I stood right in the office and puled up the email from Dutchmen - guess what - nothing was billed to me - it took them 2 weeks to remove and replace the front cap; two axels and 4 tires....that was the last time I set foot in the dealership!

So get smart - call Dutchmen, check with them about what has been asked for and when parts will be shipped.....ya never know who is holding up the works!

Now the sad part is, when everything was done and I called my contact to thank him, I was told he left the company - so I can't even pass on a name to help someone else -
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote