Happy Jac Bed Issue - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2014, 12:22 AM   #1

Pennsylvania
Happy Jac Bed Issue

Started new Thread from the end of This post:
http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...html#post15804

Getting off topic a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman83 View Post
I believe that the electric motor for the beds is supposed to have a brake to prevent that from happening. Might want to investigate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana & Poppy View Post
Use the Happy Jac pins to keep it in place!
Hi, I only have pins for the top bunk, the bed wont go high enough to insert pins where the bottom bed stops.

Also messing around tonight some, I could not get the bed to go back up , There is some bar at the very top rear I turned that some and tried again and the bed went back up after pushing the up button, Also I turned/wiggled again and the bed started back down again. My thought is that the bumps in the road may have caused this bar to move which is causing the bed to move not move. I hope this isn't another job for the dealer.

thanks, Mike

Old 06-30-2014, 08:00 PM   #2

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by realniceguy5000 View Post
Started new Thread from the end of This post:
http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...html#post15804

Getting off topic a bit.

Hi, I only have pins for the top bunk, the bed wont go high enough to insert pins where the bottom bed stops.

Also messing around tonight some, I could not get the bed to go back up , There is some bar at the very top rear I turned that some and tried again and the bed went back up after pushing the up button, Also I turned/wiggled again and the bed started back down again. My thought is that the bumps in the road may have caused this bar to move which is causing the bed to move not move. I hope this isn't another job for the dealer.

thanks, Mike
On my top bunk I have to push up just a hair to get my pins in. Are yours that close or are they quite a bit off ?

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:12 AM   #3

Oklahoma
I have to nudge mine up just a little to get my pins in as well.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #4

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
On my top bunk I have to push up just a hair to get my pins in. Are yours that close or are they quite a bit off ?
Hi,
Yes mine seem to be like yours, I need to push up just a bit to make the pins slide in easier.

I was reading on the website about some issues with the bed not going up, I guess I will try to test all these myself as I don't want to spend 6 + weeks at the dealer if I can just fix myself. It's goanna take 3+ weeks to get any parts I need anyway.

When your break is engaged is it pushed to the top or pulled to the bottom?

My beds just seem like they don't want to go up now when I push the button and if I manage to get the bed up after repeated tries it returns to the bottom on it's own after some time. I may have a couple faulty parts, such as the break and possibly a hi and or low limit switch.

I'll post back once I run through all my tests they suggest and see what parts I may need. I may just call direct to see what they think the problem may be, before I order the parts.

Thanks, Mike