Garage floor insulation in Voltage Epic 3990 - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2018, 01:59 PM   #21

Location: Fulltime RVr. Where I park it. NOW: Heber/Overgaard AZ
Arizona
Garage Insulation

I have a 2014 3605. We use the garage for a craft/office room. I put standard R30 spun glass under my floor. I cut just a little longer than the width between frame rails to help "wedge" it in. It's between the tank tops and the floor bottom. You just get it up and work it in. In the areas between frame rails and siding and the tail-end I hold it in with light weight wire. Screw the wire to the bottom of the floor, across the batts then back up to screw to the floor. Don't wire the insulation to tight to the floor bottom, it needs "loft" to work correctly. I just vented my washer/dryer thru the floor and I have 1 in thick OSB board so the 1/2 in lath screws work well. The lath screws have a washer head and work great. I used the spun glas stuff because I had it. You could use rigid foam insulation where the tanks aren't. Just screw it to the floor. The glass insulation travels ok but I'll change it out when it gets to dirty from travel. It is open per/say to toad dust.

3605dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:57 PM   #22

Tennessee
Toad dust is the worst.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:04 PM   #23

Louisiana
Well I finally made it by the dealer on a day that it was not pouring rain and I hate to say that I do not have a definitive answer on whether or not there is insulation under the garage floor. What was on the lot was 2017 models and when looking under the garage floor all i could see was the coroplast and it was on top of the frame rails so if any insulation is above that it cannot be much. The salesman that was with me said he was not sure and did not show any interest in trying to find out which was strange to me.
T-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:11 PM   #24

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Roy View Post
Well I finally made it by the dealer on a day that it was not pouring rain and I hate to say that I do not have a definitive answer on whether or not there is insulation under the garage floor. What was on the lot was 2017 models and when looking under the garage floor all i could see was the coroplast and it was on top of the frame rails so if any insulation is above that it cannot be much. The salesman that was with me said he was not sure and did not show any interest in trying to find out which was strange to me.
his job is done, once a salesman makes a sale, they seem to loose interest.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:14 PM   #25

Louisiana
That is the strange thing he has not made a sale. I have not bought a toy hauler yet and am still researching them. Have it narrowed down to Jayco Seismic, Grand Design Momentum, and Dutchmen Voltage.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:27 PM   #26

Florida
Quote:
That is the strange thing he has not made a sale. I have not bought a toy hauler yet and am still researching them. Have it narrowed down to Jayco Seismic, Grand Design Momentum, and Dutchmen Voltage.
don't buy one from him! Salesmen... ugh!
Old 07-25-2018, 06:37 PM   #27

Ontario
Quote:
all i could see was the coroplast and it was on top of the frame rails.
Really? I've only ever seen coroplast on the BOTTOM of frame rails. So you could see the tanks and plumbing and all that just hanging out?
joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:14 PM   #28

Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebedford View Post
Really? I've only ever seen coroplast on the BOTTOM of frame rails. So you could see the tanks and plumbing and all that just hanging out?
This was just under the garage. The coroplast on the rest of the coach is below the frame rails.

I called Dutchmen Customer Service yesterday and left a message asking about insulation under the garage floor on the newer units to try an get a clear answer but I have not received a return call yet.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:55 PM   #29

Florida
Quote:
This was just under the garage. The coroplast on the rest of the coach is below the frame rails.

I called Dutchmen Customer Service yesterday and left a message asking about insulation under the garage floor on the newer units to try an get a clear answer but I have not received a return call yet.
I would be interested to know what dutchmen customer service would say. Like I said before, they are darned nice people but not very knowledgeable. I am not sure any of them have ever spent any time in the factory. That should be a prerequisite for any customer service person.