Full Time in Voltage - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2016, 03:33 PM   #41

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR3999 View Post
I've been full timing almost three years. I haven't traveled since I pulled it home.(RV park) I use the garage as a garage. Have multiple motor cycles.

I have a leak in my bedroom side and for the life of me I haven't figured out how to fix it. I have spent some time in the rain trying to figure it out. Also all the D rubber trim on the trailer needs to be replaced. I have google and asked where to get this molding, to no avail. I think the sap from all the trees attack the rubber. Now the bypass for the water heater has a crack in it and as a slow leak. I have the part but haven't installed it yet.
Have fun guys I need to get back to work.
CR

Try here for your D-Rubber Seal.

RV Rubber Seals & Gaskets | RV Window Gaskets - All-Rite

I do have another site I have found, I've lost the link. If I can find where it went I'll post it.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:43 PM   #42

Nevada
Jim, I know what you mean, I still have a 1996 Lance camper Model 1181, which we use in the winter, I have almost rebuild everything on it and when I have a question about something, the Lance guys advise me and sent Pictures if needed, Our Voltage, you just get in there and hope you can find your way around?????

2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:35 PM   #43

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhogboss View Post

found the plastic discs from the tank cut-outs sliding around inside the tank. That explained the 'sometimes it drains slowly ' thing. Plumbing fittings installed and not crimped. A wire bundle on the wrong side of a crossmember, so some installer cut the crossmember instead of repulling the wire.
Boss,

That's too much time to dig out the cutouts and the don't really care if you have a slow drain.

You would think that they would have a plumber running the plumbing station on the line, but that costs too much. Gives you a lot of faith in the dealers doing their part in, Preparing the rig for Delivery Inspection. Just imagime driving your new truck off the dealers lot an nobody tourqed the wheels.

I hope it was only the crossbar they notched. How many failed wire nuts and crimps have you found. If you shorten up the wires so all that surplus that's always in the way and recycle the copper, you can get yourself a dozen wobbly pops. At least you get something back out of the deal.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:48 PM   #44

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesnider View Post
CR, I had the same problem. It baffled me. But I finally found/fixed it. Here's my story in case it can help you with yours.

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...html#post40087
Thanks Mike I'll check it out.

HD,
I didn't see it on that link. When I do find it I'm getting a least a hundred feet. That molding is all over my hauler. Thanks.
CR3999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:37 AM   #45

Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostme View Post
Anyone else here full timing in their Voltage? Just curious how many of us are out there.

[emoji12]
We are, have been for 2 years in our Voltage.
JerryHooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:27 PM   #46

Texas
Yes full time in 2016 model 3970. Waiting on new side walls for the bedroom slide. Same problem you had with yours. Ceiling light snapped off while traveling. Both grey and black tank pull valves broke. Outside Led light strip stopped working. Door side slide stops and starts during operation. All three slides do not extend out as far as they were originally did on the earlier pre 2016 models.
Alprath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:59 AM   #47

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alprath View Post
Yes full time in 2016 model 3970. Waiting on new side walls for the bedroom slide. Same problem you had with yours. Ceiling light snapped off while traveling. Both grey and black tank pull valves broke. Outside Led light strip stopped working. Door side slide stops and starts during operation. All three slides do not extend out as far as they were originally did on the earlier pre 2016 models.
Yeah unfortunately the cable slide system they switched to does not allow them to fully extend. Did you get the roof reinforcement for the main AC area taken care of?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
boostme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:05 PM   #48

Michigan
Yes 3605 love it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
mx37000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:44 AM   #49

California
Last 3 1/2 years

Full timer here last 3 1/2 years in Portland Oregon. Been living in my 3895 while working out of town on a job, and will be done this February. So I finally get to go back to Southern California until I figure out if I wanna take another full time job out of town or not.
cacooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:45 AM   #50

Maine
Glad to see I'm not the only one doing it! Got more responses back than i thought I would.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
boostme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:44 AM   #51

Georgia
I full timed it for 12 months while stationed at MacDill (Tampa) but now I am back to Ft Benning (GA) in our stick house. We get it out when we can. Had a water leak from one of the frameless windows, replaced two main ACs, and the main awning motors during the full time stint. GTG since then though.
bdeaton45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:18 PM   #52

Texas
Dec 31, 2018 is the day!

Full-timers since Feb 2016 and loving it. Always a challenge but one both of us have accepted and anticipated for a while. Still stationary for now bit making lots of plans for the traveling times. Thanks to this forum, learning a lot too. Maybe we need a specific category for full-time concerns only?

565 days and counting
CSCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:52 PM   #53

Texas
We've been full timing it since June of 2014, so just celebrated our 3rd anniversary in our Voltage 3970. I work from home, so we've been traveling a bit, but we've mostly been in the Black Hills, Colorado, Wyoming, and Kansas so far, but have been helping out the in laws in Kansas due to declining health. We've had a few trials and tribulations since then, but it's been pretty good, mostly due to the advice received in this forum. :-)
Txchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:29 PM   #54

Colorado
9 months a year last 2 years. No major problems. But there's always something that needs attention plus making small upgrade changes has made it work better for us. Ie: ceiling fan, leds, electrical outlets, res refer.

Lilnuts is offline   Reply With Quote