For everyone with Shwintek slides... - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2016, 11:19 PM   #1

Georgia
For everyone with Shwintek slides...

Aside from the horrendous water issues, there also lies an issue with the control side of these slides. When sliding out or in, at the end of travel, you MUST continue to hold the button for 10 seconds or more to allow the system to reset. Google it and you will see it out there everywhere. So if you have alignment issues check this.

Volsfan1nga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:58 PM   #2

Alberta
The dealer, and all the youtube video's I have watched from schwintek tech's, and my owners manual, all say 3 seconds, not sure if it makes a difference or not, I have a slow, out of alignment slide, and holding the button for 3, 5, even 7 seconds has made no difference in my unit, the code I get is an "overvoltage", and I can't seem to get the code to clear, as long as it continues to move in and out for me, i'm not going to press my luck. |some day the unit will fail, but for now, its working. Knock, Knock, Knock....(knocking on wood)

2012 Can-Am Commander XT 1000, 1998 golwing GL1500
07dmax360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:04 AM   #3

Iowa
3 seconds or 30 seconds I don't think it makes much difference either. If the slide is in try pushing on the in slide button, or out button if the slide is out that should stop the code flashing. We returned from a 2000 mile round trip to the Texas Hill country in mid March, plugged in to my 50 amp, unhooked, leveled up and started running slides out to unpack and the big slide wouldn't go out, front motor sounded good the rear motor would start up and shut right back off. Code was "no hall signal" tried everything nothing would make the rear motor run. Long story short she ran the slide button and I pushed like hell on the garage end of the room... back and forth probably 30 times finally got the room out 8" so I could remove the motor retaining screw, popped the motor out from the inside and sure enough motor had a broken wire where it goes into the motor. Called dealer (he's 3 hrs away) he sent new motor, used my extended warranty, put it in works fine but a little out of time. I'm going to try the retime by running the slide in 8" then back out doing that 3 times (found this on you tube) hope it works.

These Schwintek slides are taking all the fun out of camping, every time I push a slide button I hold my breath!
dougs2 is offline   Reply With Quote