Flashing Generator Fuel Guage - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2019, 11:04 PM   #1

Kentucky
Flashing Generator Fuel Guage

Anyone got any advice on how to fix a Voltage 3605 generator fuel guage blinking empty. Has about 15 gallon in tank.

15hdsglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:13 AM   #2

Arkansas
Yep went through that whole process with mine if you take the control panel out and follow the wire harness back you will find a wire tucked into the harness with a wire nut on it that wire needs to be connected to ground and it will work there is a thread on this from about a year and a half ago where I explained the whole thing in detail but that the end result need to finish Dutchman's work

scottxpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:47 PM   #3

Kentucky
So is the wire that needs to be connected close to the panel or the fuel tank.
15hdsglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #4

Arkansas
It is behind the guage panel inside the rv if I remember right it is brown
scottxpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:42 PM   #5

California
BTW, I had the same issue with the flashing gauge but in my case the problem was the connection at the tank and not the gauge. Sounds like I am in the minority though. So if this fix doesn’t work then you might want to check the wad of wires on top of the fuel tank and behind the fuel caddy door and double check all of their connections.

Also, I have problems about 90% of the time with my fresh water holding tank level gauge too. Something tells me the same idiot connected all those wires on my rig. The guys at the factory need to be trained on how to properly connect things because you can’t blame the equipment if it is not installed properly. This is the first rig I have ever had where the gray and black tank levels work great but the fresh water tank only shows full while filling but then when you get to camp it reads the lowest level. I would check the connections on the tank myself but I don’t feel like trying to pull the cover that encloses the tank from the bottom to do it. I now gauge my fresh by the levels of my gray and black tanks and know if they are 1/3 or so full each that I still have tons of fresh water left!
Old 05-06-2019, 02:48 AM   #6

Colorado
I had the same problem. Like scottxpc said, I pulled the gauge panel and attached that wire and it was fixed.