Fair price? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2017, 02:21 AM   #1

Oregon
Fair price?

I'm in the process of purchasing a 2018 Coleman 250tq, but haven't signed a purchase agreement yet and was hoping for some input on if $21319.12 is a fair price or not. Thanks for any input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170607_100955.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	4224  

sgip2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:32 PM   #2

Colorado
It looks pretty fair to me. I got my 300tq for a bit less but it was the end of the year and they were trying to dump them and I know the GM so that helps too.

Casper50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:54 PM   #3

Arizona
I always like to do a ton of comparison shopping on large purchases, and in the end sometimes I may not get the best deal possible, or may get more or less options than I started my search wanting, depending on the deal. But when I decide to make the deal, I most importantly determine: is it what I want, and is it worth it to me and fit in my true budget. After the purchase, I try not to look back (it is hard not to), as it is too late and nothing can be done after deal is done, so I better be happy with what I got, bringing me back to the extensive research and shopping up front.
I would say it is hard to compare other peoples purchase as their are so many factors that go into it, options, taxes, locality, convienience, person your buying from, new, used, time of year, etc.

In the end, I say buy whats right for you, and if you believe you are getting what you want at the price you are acceptable with. haggling over a couple hundred bucks on a large deal can raise tension and get sour quick. Another thing I like to do is sleep on it. If it doesn't feel right in the morning, time to move on and keep hunting. When it is right, you usually know its right.

Just my opinion.
Good luck.
4 Seat Long Travel Sand Rail, 97 Jeep TJ Rock Crawler, 68 Roadrunner, Various Quads
Gearheadzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:30 AM   #4
Site Team

North Carolina
I did a check on RVTrader.com. You are in the range. There a a lot of factors at play. Location, dealer and option lists. If you are happy with the dealer, and the trailer then the price should be okay.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:46 AM   #5

Oregon
Thank you all for the replies. I'll post an update on how it goes.
sgip2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:18 AM   #6

Florida
One thing I've discovered that after you hit the dealerships Rock Bottom price there is still lots of wiggle room for other things. They may not come down any lower in price but I have in the past negotiated getting things added to the deal such as Tire upgrades and slide-out topper, and we stayed at the same price of the dealer said was his rock bottom. I have even had them sell me the third air conditioner at dealership cost and they paid for the installation.
Just make sure you get everything in writing before you sign the dotted line and do a thorough PDI.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:22 PM   #7

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
One thing I've discovered that after you hit the dealerships Rock Bottom price there is still lots of wiggle room for other things. They may not come down any lower in price but I have in the past negotiated getting things added to the deal such as Tire upgrades and slide-out topper, and we stayed at the same price of the dealer said was his rock bottom. I have even had them sell me the third air conditioner at dealership cost and they paid for the installation.
Just make sure you get everything in writing before you sign the dotted line and do a thorough PDI.
Get them to throw in the extended warranty. That would be the best thing!

I had them put in a thermostatically controlled bathroom fan also.. wifey appreciates it since she is vertically challenged.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:58 PM   #8

Arizona
Generally speaking, if you can get at least 35 percent off MSRP, you're doing reasonably well. Ask to see the manufacturer's build sheet to verify MSRP and options. Beware, some dealers "upgrade" their displayed MSRP to make their "sale" price look better.

otr_pwc is offline   Reply With Quote