Exterior Shower - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2016, 02:44 AM   #1

California
Exterior Shower

Finally fixed my shower hose (they gave me one with an end too long for the quick release, so i had to saw 1/8" off the end to get it to snap in) and went to turn on the water valves, and got nothing. The pump was on and all the inside faucets work. Anyone know if there some other shutoff for the outside shower other than the hot and cold knobs?

2015 Voltage 3800 w/ Epic IV, Int&Ext, Garage Pkgs; 8x100W Solar, 2x Xantrex C35 Charge Controllers, SW2000 Inverter & Monitor; 2005 Chevy Duramax Dually 3500 w/Banks; Kawi KFX700 & Polaris Scrambler 500 ATVs.
VCToyhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:53 AM   #2

Iowa
You may have cut too much off, when you snap the end in it has to push open the mechanism inside the quick release to allow the water to flow.

dougs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:17 AM   #3

California
Before, i could not get the end in at all, no matter how hard i pushed, and regardless of the outer ring being pushed either. I looked real close and could tell they gave me the wrong fitting, and taking just that much off allowed it to go in and click snugly. I did not see any other mechanism inside the coupling waiting to be pushed but i will look again. So no other valves before the shower knobs?
2015 Voltage 3800 w/ Epic IV, Int&Ext, Garage Pkgs; 8x100W Solar, 2x Xantrex C35 Charge Controllers, SW2000 Inverter & Monitor; 2005 Chevy Duramax Dually 3500 w/Banks; Kawi KFX700 & Polaris Scrambler 500 ATVs.
VCToyhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:38 AM   #4

Iowa
I don't know of any other valves. I'll look at mine and get back to you on the mechanism inside the coupler. I just assumed it is a typical hydraulic type coupler and that is how they work. Since that end wouldn't snap in it must be for a different style coupler and you may have to get the correct one.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:45 AM   #5

British Columbia
I've had a look behind my access panel to the city water and outside shower and there is no shut off valves. But there will be soon, I've been lucky, it never crossed my mind that I have a frozen pipe waiting to happen when we are on one of our cold weather trips.

I don't use the outside shower a bunch, but when I do it's a battle to get it seated and locked in place. It feels like it's in as far as it will go, but it doesn't lock. I have to give mine an extra push for it to lock.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:58 AM   #6

Maryland
There was one time I removed the hose and could not get it back in...I had to turn off water to the coach and relieve the pressure in the lines and it went right in...not sure why the system works like it does.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:14 AM   #7

Florida
When I forgot to winterize my outdoor shower , it cracked and I had to replace it. The manufacture's instruction said that interior shut off valves were required otherwise warrentee was void, and of course there weren't any. Maybe Dutchman used your camper as the first one that they actually followed instructions and installled cutoffs behind wet wall.
The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:41 PM   #8

Iowa
VCToyhauler I checked my outdoor shower coupler this morning and it has a valve inside the coupler to shut off flow when you decouple it. Unsnapped it and tried to reconnect and it wouldn't go. Lubed it up still no luck then I noticed a pink tag hanging on the valve it says if it hasn't been used in awhile it may seize up and to take a small screwdriver and hammer and tap in on the inside of the valve to break it free. I did that and now works fine. Hope this will work for you.
Doug
Old 07-19-2016, 05:40 PM   #9

Michigan
Outside shower

My 2014 coupling had a small piece of plastic shaving inside it,causing it not to work. Removed fitting and seen plastic wedged from inside . Used a small pick and removed plastic. Works great now.

1BadDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote